• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Integrated amp with Purifi or Hypex?

tknx

The only one I see is the Hattor INT500W which is gorgeous but pricey as hell

Want something that ideally supports Spotify Connect and DLNA.

OP
T

tknx

There is a TEAC AX-505B I found...

holbob

I think Nord does some.....

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
There is a TEAC AX-505B I found...

I really like the design, I wonder if it sounds as good as it looks.

iu

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
Well, it "sounds" like Hypex Ncore NC122MP...;)

You say that, but what goes before, and possibly after the amp modules, can have an effect and we've seen that some Hypex based amps perform better than others, albeit marginally and possibly not audibly.

teac_ax-505_ncore__large_full.jpg

I wonder what "Tuned" means, given that the frequency response of the standard modules is ruler flat, I would think "tuning" wasn't necessary and best left well alone.

8.jpg

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You say that, but what goes before, and possibly after the amp modules, can have an effect and we've seen that some Hypex based amps perform better than others, albeit marginally and possibly not audibly.
NC122MP (≠NC500, NC1200 and so on) is not supposed to be used with custom buffers. If it is, then the performance will be worse than reference design.
given that the frequency response of the standard modules is ruler flat, I would think "tuning" wasn't necessary and best left well alone.
You're are actually right. NC122MP sounds 99% transparent and doesn't need any tweaks to perform "better" whatsoever.
I wonder what "Tuned" means
I would guess that does mean: produced under licence (as NAD does). Seeing the inside, it looks like there's only custom inputs board, useless toroidal transformer (for Audiophile buzzwords), board for volume control and another for Vu Meters.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom