• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Integrated Amp under 150 for desk setup

angel.

Hi, I am searching for a new amplifier to pair with my self built stereo speakers.
They have an SPL of 87.2 dB @ 1W, 1m, (90dB @ 2.83V) and an 80W RMS power handling.

I am searching for a substitute and upgrade from my previous amp, an SY-DAP2002 from 3eaudio that just broke.

My budget is under 150 euros and I'm trying to find an amp that will be mainly used from my PC, it would be a nice bonus to have an integrated USB port with a built-in DAC.
Also, I was heavily relying on the SY-DAP2002 integrated DSP processor to optimize the audio for my room since there are some nasty resonances around 110Hz, is there any software alternative to that, or I should always use a dedicated DSP?

The two main options I have considered are the AIYIMA A08Pro which offers a really high power (115W) output or the Loxjie A30 which has lower power (40W) but better functionality and SINAD.

With my current amp, I never maxed its power output (75W) since I live in an apartment and I use these speakers in a small room.
So I will always use the amp at lower volumes.

Are there any differences between more powerful amps and lower power if the volume is not at the max level?
What other amps are there in this price bracket with similar functionality?

I was also thinking to build one myself starting from some TPA3255 amplifier module, would that be more expensive?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I would recommend something like a Aiyima D03 - D03 on Amazon - its usually goes down to maybe $120 during one of the frequent sales, it's not as powerful as the A08Pro but has a nice feature set. It actually has some DSP internally (to control the sub-woofer output) but no way to externally configure the DSP engine unfortunately. Though I use an old RPI with Volumio which has full DSP (as well as lots of other capabilities) connected to the USB as well as the optical and bluetooth on occasion. Overall a very neat device.

OP
A

angel.

I would recommend something like a Aiyima D03 - D03 on Amazon - its usually goes down to maybe $120 during one of the frequent sales, it's not as powerful as the A08Pro but has a nice feature set. It actually has some DSP internally (to control the sub-woofer output) but no way to externally configure the DSP engine unfortunately. Though I use an old RPI with Volumio which has full DSP (as well as lots of other capabilities) connected to the USB as well as the optical and bluetooth on occasion. Overall a very neat device.
Can you also connect a computer to an RPI with volumio?
I usually use my PC to edit videos or watch movies, besides listening to music.

OP
A

angel.

Thanks for your suggestions!!

I am also thinking to use a DAC + Amp configuration.
I've seen that the Topping D10s is a really good-performing DAC. Are there any analog amps that I can pair with it?

El Cheapo

Thanks for your suggestions!!

I am also thinking to use a DAC + Amp configuration.
I've seen that the Topping D10s is a really good-performing DAC. Are there any analog amps that I can pair with it?
US $140 for these two:

SMSL PO100 AK AK4493S MQA DAC : US $90

(But read this: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ak-measurements-digital-interfaces-dac.40483/
Topping D10S is probably the better choice).

SMSL DA-6 Amplifier : Currently US $50 (Class-D, not analog)

Last edited:
Top Bottom