• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Integrated Amp Suggestions?

dep14

Looking for an integrated amp.

I use two sources

1. Streamer into a DAC (so I want a built in DAC), and I use roon. I do have about 1000 CD's ripped, but truthfully I probably stream 95% of the time now. The ripped CD's seem to just be used as a back-up if Roon is acting up.

2. Needs to do HT bypass (or an ability to set up a fixed volume level)

That's it. That is all I will ever run.

Power Wise

I do have a few pairs of speakers, that tend to be on the more difficult side to drive (84-88db, with large woofers and challenging but not horrid impedence curves). I listen louder than I should. I like good clean, tight deep bass.

NAD M33 is obvious, Michi X3. But why spend more than I have to I suppose. I fail to understand why so many integrated amps, and pre-amps still have 10+ inputs...

Otherwise, I figure I can find something nice that is used, and pick-up a topping DAC. But, one box would be nice.

Tassin

From my own experience, I can recommend the Lyngdorf TDAI-1120, which can handle up to 30A. It's bigger brother, the TDAI-3400, can handle up to 40A while delivering some more power (400W into 8 Ohm). Both have a built-in DAC and do all the processing in the digital domain if you feed it with the digital output of your streamer. They will also address room modes, that are present in every room, especially in the bass region.

MarkS

Major Contributor
Another vote for the Lyngdorf. I just got one a week or so ago, it's fantastic! Has bass management if you want to add a subwoofer (or two), the room correction is simple to set up (takes 30 minutes of moving the included mic and stand around), parametric EQ allows construction of your own "voicings" (in addition to a dozen or so pre-loaded), Roon ready (though I don't use Roon) and has every streaming service built in (I use Apple Music and Airplay). Great web interface that allows you to control it with your phone or (as I usually do) laptop or tablet. Nice compact single box.

Top Bottom