• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Integrated amp for airplay and Spotify connect

janegil

Hi!

I'm looking into setting up a DIY airplay system where I virtualize one airplay server per zone/room, and therefore looking for integrated amps to drive wall or ceiling speakers.
The DAC can be directly mapped to the virtual machine, so having one DAC per device is essential. The amps will be placed in a rack.

The setup does come with some requirements:
  • A DAC, preferably with a USB B connector.
  • Needs to turn back on if power is lost and restored.
  • Low power consumption on standby, preferably < 0.5W.
  • EQ and/or bass and treble adjustments with memory.
Nice to have:
  • Bluetooth.
  • Subwoofer out.
  • Integrated power supply.
  • No pop/noise when unit is switched on.
  • Preferably under $130 as I need a couple of them.
So far I got the Aiyima D05, Fosi DA2120C/D, SMSL A12 and SMSL SA300 on my list.
I also had the Fosi DA2120A on the list, but customer support told me that one had to physically turn it back on after a power outage.

Aiyima customer support confirmed power restore functionality on D05, I guess it's same for the Fosi DA2120C.

Any other recommendations or experiences on the topic? Thanks!

dominikz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Have a look at Arylic A50+. The objective performance is not great (I'll publish some measurements soon) and the device has no display, but the feature set is pretty unique for the price. I'm not sure if it covers everything on your list, though!
With the add-on ACP Workbench app you get 8-band PEQ per channel + separate 8-band master PEQ + separate sub out 8-band PEQ, i.e. great for loudspeaker and room EQ!

OP
J

janegil

Have a look at Arylic A50+. The objective performance is not great (I'll publish some measurements soon) and the device has no display, but the feature set is pretty unique for the price. I'm not sure if it covers everything on your list, though!
With the add-on ACP Workbench app you get 8-band PEQ per channel + separate 8-band master PEQ + separate sub out 8-band PEQ, i.e. great for loudspeaker and room EQ!

I'd rather have the airplay functionality separate from the amp, because of the upgrade flexibility later on, so currently just looking for an amp with DAC.
Thanks though, the Arylic looks like a nice device.

OP
J

janegil

Got in touch with Fosi customer support. They said all DA2120X models needs to be powered on manually after a power outage, so all Fosi models are off the list.

Would be awesome if someone could confirm the power on behavior on the following models:
Loxjie A30, Aiyima D05 and SMSL A100.

Top Bottom