• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Integrated AMP circuitry vs headphone AMP circuitry, for headphone amplification

Tempus Edax Rerum

I am looking to get a powerful class A AMP for Susvara.

Is there a fundamental difference between the internal circuitry that would make Luxmans headphone AMP(750MK2) superior to their integrated AMP(550ax2) for headphone amplification?

I would terminate the headphones into the integrated AMP with an adaptor, and I can use the integrated AMP for speakers and headphones while their headphone AMP is for headphones only.

I don't see the point of buying a headphone AMP only, when I can get an AMP that powers both speakers and headphones.
(they cost the same)

Last edited:

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I am looking to get a powerful class A AMP for Susvara.

Is there a fundamental difference between the internal circuitry that would make Luxmans headphone AMP(750MK2) superior to their integrated AMP(550ax2) for headphone amplification?

I would terminate the headphones into the integrated AMP with an adaptor, and I can use the integrated AMP for speakers and headphones while their headphone AMP is for headphones only.

I don't see the point of buying a headphone AMP only, when I can get an AMP that powers both speakers and headphones.
(they cost the same)

You should buy a speaker amp based on the speaker you want to use it with.

Then just use it with the Susvara

Last edited:
Top Bottom