• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Integra DRX 5.4 vs. Onkyo TX-RZ50

drfrink24

Anyone know what justifies the $600 price difference between the Integra DRX 5.4 and the Onkyo TX-RZ50? They seem functionally identical.

TallDan

More IR and trigger ports, a fancier front bezel, and possibly some more/better integration for custom installers. At least, that's what I was able to find when I was comparing the two. The Integra also seems to be easier to buy right now as the Onkyo is out of stock in most places. I was actually going to buy the Integra last week because my local retailer listed it in stock, but doesn't even have the Onkyo on their website. Right before finalizing the sale, i asked about the TX-RZ50, was told that they had exactly one in stock, and I bought it. My price difference was less than $600, but still substantial.

dlaloum

Major Contributor
In Australia, we don't have much choice - the Integra's were due to be here last september - and still aren't here - the Onkyo's were supposed to be in a subsequent shipment... Feb/March maybe? The Pioneers haven't even been announced for Australia.

I pre-ordered the earliest one I could - an Integra DRX 3.4 (NR7100 equivalent, but with pre-out's)...

No idea at this point when the actual stock will arrive - been waiting 6 months already for the pre-order that was due to be delivered in September!

Right now, those of us that are keen, grab whatever version is available in our region.

Reactions: Ata
Top Bottom