• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Integra DRX 5.3 vs Onkyo RZ840

mgood

From reading the Audioholics review on the Integra DRX 4.3 I became interested in the preamp section of Integras / Onkyos. The specs on the DRX 5.3 and the RZ seem to be virtually identical. Am I missing something other than more trigger outs etc?

Best,
Mattias

OP
M

mgood

It looks like the RZ840 is identical to the Pioneer VSX-LX504 that Amir has reviewed. So it seems like the Integras, Pioneers and Onkyos are off the table...

lewdish

2021 going forward, on paper it seems Onkyo, Integra, & Pioneer seem to be pretty big value compared to the bigger brands like Yamaha & Denon/Marrantz. Still no info on if the hardware implementation has improved but they are offering very competitive pricing for Dirac Live AVRs with more channels than their competitors. I still think there's big potential with pioneer if they can get their Class D amps to perform at a higher tier like hypex amps.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It looks like the RZ840 is identical to the Pioneer VSX-LX504 that Amir has reviewed. So it seems like the Integras, Pioneers and Onkyos are off the table...
Not sure why you think they are identical. I found internal photos of the Pioneer and an Onkyo TX RZ810, which is the AVR I have and is almost identical to the 840. They look nothing alike internally. Can't know if the DAC chips/circuitry are the same but...

Attachments

• d5d9a0edf774982ee6ebdf9ba15cf5e2.jpg
    d5d9a0edf774982ee6ebdf9ba15cf5e2.jpg
    616.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0821.JPG
    IMG_0821.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 128
Top Bottom