• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Integra DRX 3.4

ozmick

Hi brains trust 1st post here , just wondering if anyone knows if the Integra DRX 3.4 suffers from the same power limiting problems Amirm found during testing the Onkyo TX-RZ50 and Pioneer VSX-LX505 . Regards Mick

Dougey_Jones

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi brains trust 1st post here , just wondering if anyone knows if the Integra DRX 3.4 suffers from the same power limiting problems Amirm found during testing the Onkyo TX-RZ50 and Pioneer VSX-LX505 . Regards Mick
The DRX 3.4 is nearly identical to the RZ50 (which I own). I've never seen the issue that Amir experienced crop up in my system, and I've turned the volume up higher than anybody could stand to listen for any extended period. I don't know if this feature existed when Amir tested the RZ50, but in my menus with the latest firmware, the receiver now asks you whether you're using 4ohm or 8ohm speakers. If that "question" was added in a more recent firmware update, maybe that was Onkyo addressing the problem via firmware.

Top Bottom