• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Info about my dac and amp combo with hd800s

Termineyter

Hey

I'm pretty new to audiophile stuff. But i wanted to get the most out of my gaming experience and music while not going overboard in price.
After sometime i bought the audio technica r70x with the combo topping E30 and the SMSL sp200 because the topping i found for 120 new , and sp200 for 130 new on amazon.
This was already very good in my opinion :p . While i said i didnt want go overboard, i've just ordered a Sennheiser HD800s...

Now my question is, how good will this dac and amp combo be for this kind off headphone? Use for it is , 70 % gaming and 30% music.

Thanks!

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Contrary to to the usual audiophile mythology, the HD800 is actually a pretty easy load to drive. IMO the endless wrangling about needing an amp with magical qualities for the HD800 is due to the fact that such people are "purists" who refuse to use EQ to fix the HD800's frequency response issues and think they can do it with just the right upstream equipment.

The SMSL SP200 will be fine.

OP
T

Termineyter

Contrary to to the usual audiophile mythology, the HD800 is actually a pretty easy load to drive. IMO the endless wrangling about needing an amp with magical qualities for the HD800 is due to the fact that such people are "purists" who refuse to use EQ to fix the HD800's frequency response issues and think they can do it with just the right upstream equipment.

The SMSL SP200 will be fine.
Ok , thanks for the info :) the headphone is arriving tomorrow ! SO excited!

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok , thanks for the info :) the headphone is arriving tomorrow ! SO excited!

If you find they're too bright as is you can look into using EQ as well.

OP
T

Termineyter

If you find they're too bright as is you can look into using EQ as well.

yeah i've used oratory settings for my r70x aswell :) with apo and peace

Top Bottom