• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Infinity R162 Bookshelf Speaker Review

boswell

It is a published Google Sheet and unfortunately it doesn’t have that feature. I can try sharing the actual sheet.
if you select then copy the cells of the google sheet you can dump them into excel and with a little fiddling (30 secs) get a sheet that can be sorted on columns, the links seem to be preserved as well, this may be of use
see attached

Attachments

• Master Preference Ratings for Loudspeakers.zip
    20.5 KB · Views: 126

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
if you select then copy the cells of the google sheet you can dump them into excel and with a little fiddling (30 secs) get a sheet that can be sorted on columns, the links seem to be preserved as well, this may be of use
see attached
That wouldn’t auto-update then.

You can use this that Pozz made to sort the speakers. Incorporating sorting into my published sheets is not a feature.

bigx5murf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I've owned the previous version of this line, the front ported ones. They were heavy, and well built, with a really complex crossover for a budget speaker. But they just never grew on me, they were also bright sounding. But worst we vocals always just sounded off with them.

These are showing a nice frequency response, but subjective impressions of being bright, coupled with that really high crossover distortion makes me think I'll likely subjectively feel about these, the way I felt about the old primus I've owned.

ta240

Major Contributor
My son complained of volume before I installed this center. He is in next room on his computer. Now I can hear voices at lower volume and don't need closed captioning for my old ears.

I'm a big fan of center channels with good sound in the vocal range. I've had the same problem with some center channels where I have to have the volume up too loud overall to hear the voices clearly. I'm not too big into shaking the room with my movies

spacevector

Forum Donor
I like the terminals close together for double banana plugs. Treble is tamed with Anthem Room Correction They really sound good.
Don't they need to be a specific distance for that to work? Does this speaker's terminal spacing meet that spec?

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
I'm a big fan of center channels with good sound in the vocal range. I've had the same problem with some center channels where I have to have the volume up too loud overall to hear the voices clearly. I'm not too big into shaking the room with my movies
I lost that desire a long, long time ago. I went to a movie recently. The contrast was worse than a $299 Roku TV at Walmart. The sound was painful and atrocious. I am not talking just about distorted base. Every wavelength hurt.

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
Don't they need to be a specific distance for that to work? Does this speaker's terminal spacing meet that spec?
Yes. The terminals are spaced intentionally for double bananas. You have to remove the plastic insert. Just remove the nut and they come out with fingernail and a butter knife.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, the spacing is 3/4" to conform with spec.
http://www.cablesonline.com/hiducospbapl.html?viewfullsite=1
2144024.jpg

cablesonline_2268_238383233

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
For speakers / drivers, what would be the acceptable / reasonable distortion values at the sub bass, bass, mid and treble frequencies? At what % will it be audible? That 3% midrange bump seems too much.

i.e. Broadly speaking for amplifiers, anything below 1% is considered "acceptable"
Bear in mind the distortion tests here are with 10volts. ( higher than normal) distortion will very likely be much lower at the volumes you will likely listen at most often. This 10volt reading will be the distortion at pretty high playback levels and so I don't think you will notice it easily.

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
My Anthem MRX 520 was too wide for double bananas. I understand. Many prefer bare wire. I don't. Couldn't wait for Prime during pandemic I sojourned to Lowe's and purchased single banana plugs. Overpriced and thoughtless design compared to Radio Shack.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Bear in mind the distortion tests here are with 10volts. ( higher than normal) distortion will very likely be much lower at the volumes you will likely listen at most often. This 10volt reading will be the distortion at pretty high playback levels and so I don't think you will notice it easily.
Here it is with 2.83 volts:

1585791568614.png

muad

Roughly what levels would 10v correspond to with a 86db sensitive speaker? Or would that be impedence dependent?

Bear123

So add a pair of JBL 550P subs when they go on sale for $189 and you have the bargain basement but quite superb audio system. Just add in a Denon X3500 for $499 for eq below Schroeder and excellent dual subwoofer eq along with plenty of power and good enough performance. Under $1.3k for a really good 3.2 system with the 3 way center.

I'm snagging a 550p on trade tomorrow for my workout room, will try to post some measurements when I can.

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
So add a pair of JBL 550P subs when they go on sale for $189 and you have the bargain basement but quite superb audio system. Just add in a Denon X3500 for $499 for eq below Schroeder and excellent dual subwoofer eq along with plenty of power and good enough performance. Under $1.3k for a really good 3.2 system with the 3 way center.

I'm snagging a 550p on trade tomorrow for my workout room, will try to post some measurements when I can.
I used to agree until I used Anthem Room Correction I am not a fanboy. I have used room correction on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, etc. They don't compare. I know many think Dirac is the next coming of Nirvana. The Anthem works not only on sub integration with the mains. The surrounds come alive. I know Amir's review of the Anthem 520 was not good. I purchased after his review. I needed the room correction. Trust me, it really works.

Top Bottom