• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Inexpensive Subwoofer amplifier for DIY project.

OP
F

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
After analysis , considering that I will have to import material, parts and then assemble them. It makes more sense to me to just buy the subs.
Thanks all!

Frantz

Scrappy

I’m eyeballing this thing:

Looks like it uses an adau1452 and some 100 SINAD Cirrus codecs. So should be better than the usual adau1701 or equivalent.

The board can actually do 4 channel audio, so one could do all the X-overging for a sub-sat system on that thing.

Not sure about the software capabilities though. It doesn’t seem to support FIR, although the chip is capable of 24k taps.

Also, at almost 300 euros it’s quite close to the Hypex FA251. Less power, but at least you know what you’ll get.
“each channel of input end has noise gate, gain, phase, mute, delay and 31 segment parameter equalization, allpass all-pass filter.

Each channel at the output end has high-low pass filter, delay, phase, mute, pressure limiter and 10 section parameter equalization, allpass all pass filter.”

Don’t get me wrong, I love aliexpress for cheap connectors and cheap outdoor lights, but I dunno bout that plate amp.. looks ok but I’d be concerned about how the DSP implementation is.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
“each channel of input end has noise gate, gain, phase, mute, delay and 31 segment parameter equalization, allpass all-pass filter.

Each channel at the output end has high-low pass filter, delay, phase, mute, pressure limiter and 10 section parameter equalization, allpass all pass filter.”

Don’t get me wrong, I love aliexpress for cheap connectors and cheap outdoor lights, but I dunno bout that plate amp.. looks ok but I’d be concerned about how the DSP implementation is.
IME using random DSP sections from China (had to do this some at my past job) they basically work how you'd expect. None of this technology is cutting-edge, all of those functions were commodities in DSP >10 years ago.

If it says it has X type of filter, you will probably get it and it will work the way you expect. The differences are in how good or not good the UI will be. Don't hope for a first-class cushy experience. Think EQAPO but a little less polished. If it's in english you're already ahead of the game, many times. Luckily you don't need a lot of words to figure out the center frequency, type, gain, and Q of a given filter.

Top Bottom