• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Inexpensive Portable Bluetooth LDAC Receiver come Headphone Amp

zeropoint

I thought someone might be interested in a Bluetooth 5.0 receiver I just bought. I hear a chorus of "why on earth would we?" Well, it's a Friencity ‎YYCH-LE506, bought from Amazon and currently selling for just £13.99. It's Interesting - at least to me - because not only does it decode the usual SBC codec, but also AAC, and most importantly, as the thread title states, LDAC. It has a rechargeable battery with hard power switch - charged with USB-C and useable while charging; 3.5mm out - which I'm presently using with a pair of Sennheiser HD206s; stereo RCA out - no digital out; '3D Surround Sound Function' button - which I haven't tried yet; and a top-mounted multi-function knob, for volume control, etc.

Also interesting - again, at least to me - when I connected my 2018 8th gen Fire HD 8 tablet to it to try it as a portable BT headphone amp, I discovered it connected with the LDAC codec, whereas I thought the tablet only handled SBC.

I've only used it briefly, but so far it performs well, and sounds good.

So, an LDAC BT receiver for just 14 quid - seems good to me.

Anyhow, if you're not interested, why have you read this far? :facepalm::D

1668786977436.png

Last edited:

threni

Major Contributor
Anyhow, if you're not interested, why have you read this far
To better judge you! Please hand in your audiophile membership card on your way out.

OP
Z

zeropoint

To better judge you! Please hand in your audiophile membership card on your way out.
It can prove dangerous to make snap judgements, however I'm not just an audiophile, but an audio visual enthusiast. ;)

Last edited:

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It can prove dangerous to make snap judgements, however I'm not just an audiophile, but an audio visual enthusiast.
I think he was complimenting you -- he's a Pi-Topping user, which would call for HIS audiophile membership card to be revoked as well :D If the component or cable costs less than $10k USD you have no right to consider yourself an audiophile. Instead, you are a music lover with a lot more sense than dollars.

OP
Z

zeropoint

Yes, no offence taken nor intended. I even ended each post with an appropriate jovial emoji to show it was meant in good humour, but both appear to have been deleted, or should I say filtered. :)

Top Bottom