• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Inexpensive Earphones

Krusty09

Forum Donor
Hello.

I travel for work a lot and I'm always losing stuff so I want to get a good pair of earphones that are not expensive but have decent sound. Was wondering if anyone had any thought s. Also when I say cheap I mean like under 30 bucks. Any help would be nice.

Thanks

Fregly

Koss Porta Pro. More than your set budget. Iems: Moondrop Crescent.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Koss KSC75 (ear clip) and just $20.-

ksc75.jpg

OP
K

Krusty09

Forum Donor
Hello,

Thanks for the info. I understand that there is a lot better and the truth is i have the money to buy whatever i want buts its a lot like having the money to buy $300 sunglasses . If you just lose them or break them all the time there is no point in my opinion even when money is not the problem. Just seems like a waste of it.

I have a set of headphones AKG but when you try and sleep on the plane and you put your head against the wall the headphones and the vibration of the plane make your head rattle and its hard to sleep.

The clip thing seems like a good i idea as my ear shape does not help to keep the earphone in, it always seems to fall out. Thanks for they replies.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
The earclips are quite open so may not be the best choice on a plane unless you are not bothered by the noise levels in planes.
IEM's and the better Noise Cancelling headphones are more suited for that task.

Veri

Master Contributor
I have a set of headphones AKG but when you try and sleep on the plane and you put your head against the wall the headphones and the vibration of the plane make your head rattle and its hard to sleep.

Well. Few headphones work well on an airplane, let alone be comfortable in such a position :D

OP
K

Krusty09

Forum Donor
Understood. I have use both on the plane and I have a pair of bt headphones now but on the plane they are kinda of a pain. For me the in ear buds are the way to go. They fit in ur pocket when I get on and off the plane they are easy to put away when you need to and when pressed up against the wall to sleep they don't rattle my head .

Dan R

If you're able to use IEMs, the KZ ATR are $9.99 on Amazon and available elsewhere for less. They're comfortable, they isolate well, and they sound pretty good. V-shaped but not ridiculous. No tears when you lose them.

tktran303

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Comfortable, durable, good sounding IEMs that block out airplane noise, that you can sleep in? Under $50

Subscribed!

Last edited:

MRC01

Major Contributor
I use VSonic VSD1S which have good sound quality, are well built, and cheap. I hate the big bloated bass that so many earbuds have, and the VSD1S are more linear. They insert into the ear canal with silicon tips, so they have about 30 dB of noise isolation, which is perfect for airplanes and other noisy environments, so you don't have to crank it up and ruin your hearing. They have a review & measurements on Innerfidelity from a few years ago.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I don't like shoving things in my ear.
This pushes earwax in a direction I don't want it to go. ;)
Also I wear glasses so on-ears are also a no-no for me. :confused:
Only over-ears work for me.

tktran303

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I don't like shoving things in my ear.
This pushes earwax in a direction I don't want it to go. ;)
Also I wear glasses so on-ears are also a no-no for me. :confused:
Only over-ears work for me.

Sure. IEM are my least favourite headphones. But for $30 shipped I think they are great bargain.

My reference points for bargain include Koss KSC35 & 75, Senn/Massdrop HD58x...

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Sony mh1 is way better than vsonic. 10 dollars.

vert

Forum Donor
I have a pair of Xiaomi HD that were ~$18 direct from China. I find them acceptable compared to three pairs of IEMs I've had around the $100 mark. They were mentioned on a list of cheap headphones on head-fi.

Top Bottom