• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

inexpensive but ROBUST little amps suggestions needed

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
This is for a friend teaching Physics who wants to get further into waves and audio. She thinks the students should be able to use online tone generators from Chromebooks, buy 3.5 mm to RCA adaptors, then some kind of small amp to power speakers:
- This could be any manner of speakers, including handmade stuff, which could have crazy impedance = "robust" is a must
- Students could get careless and short the outputs hence again the "robust" requirement.
- They might build something with a low or difficult impedance.
- Doesn't need much power, even like 10W is sufficient.
- Compact and light is important
- Low price is always budget-friendly
- MUST include power supply and cord already, life is too short.

I have an Aiyima A07 I got from Amazon for a friend's place, $70 with wall wart included, seems good. But I have no idea how good the protection circuitry is...

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Zapper

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This is for a friend teaching Physics who wants to get further into waves and audio. She thinks the students should be able to use online tone generators from Chromebooks, buy 3.5 mm to RCA adaptors, then some kind of small amp to power speakers:
- This could be any manner of speakers, including handmade stuff, which could have crazy impedance = "robust" is a must
- Students could get careless and short the outputs hence again the "robust" requirement.
- They might build something with a low or difficult impedance.
- Doesn't need much power, even like 10W is sufficient.
- Compact and light is important
- Low price is always budget-friendly
- MUST include power supply and cord already, life is too short.

I have an Aiyima A07 I got from Amazon for a friend's place, $70 with wall wart included, seems good. But I have no idea how good the protection circuitry is...
LP-2020TI:

There is a cheaper version LP-2020AD but it uses a chip of unknown quality from an unknown manufacturer. The TI chip is probably more robust.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
They are notorious for turn on and turn off pops. But hopefully that doesn't matter.

Zapper

Addicted to Fun and Learning
From the TPA3118 datasheet:
Integrated Self-Protection Circuits Including Overvoltage, Undervoltage, Overtemperature, DCDetect, and Short Circuit With Error Reporting

Top Bottom