• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Inexpensive ADC dongle for PC headset?

peder2tm

As the title says.
Are there any good usb analog to digital converters that takes a 3.5 mm jack from headset and is connected to PC with usb.
The onboard mic input seems to generate a lot of background noise. Do you also need phantom power for this kind of mic?
I am looking for something less than 40€.
I guess something like Behringer UMC22 would do the job, but it has a lot of extra features. I would prefer something that is dongle sized.
Any suggestions?

OP
P

peder2tm

I have the Apple USB-C adapter already and it does not show up as an input device and I can't find any source saying it has an ADC.

yue

I have the Apple USB-C adapter already and it does not show up as an input device and I can't find any source saying it has an ADC.
you can't just plug a microphone in. it's a 4pin combo jack. to plug a dedicated microphone in you may need a mic splitter.
I would say try a 4 pin headphone + microphone (such as the apple earpod) with it and see if both show up on your screen

OP
P

peder2tm

Thanks. Yes, that worked. Just had to plug in a TRRS minijack before plugging it into the USB port. Will find an adapter from 2xTRS to TRRS and see how it goes :)

Top Bottom