• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Indy Cars vs F1

Cortes

LOL, "real' racing has been done in 'Indy' long before you or anyone in 'Europe' can remember ..............

Let's be serious, this is real racing for real men, made in Rome a few milleniums before that childish Indy ;-)

Last edited:

Cortes

Watching an F1 race is like watching a world football (soccer) game. Everyone gets excited if something actually happens.

That's become true. Now is very boring. The best part are the accidents (when nothing serious happens, of course), or the pilots insult themselves after the races. Old times, with pilots shocking on purpose to win championships were more entertaining.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Watching an F1 race is like watching a world football (soccer) game. Everyone gets excited if something actually happens.

Well ..... many in the world could say the same about baseball. Once you understand the rules of a game however, does the real beauty emerge, is felt and can be shared. F1 requires understanding of its rules, thus, subtleties. Same with Baseball, Soccer, American Football, Rugby, Cricket... most any game ...

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Leaving out performance, I really like the look of the new Indy race cars vs the latest F1 designs. Having watched both the Indy 500 and Monaco F1 Grand Prix this past weekend (thanks to the weather) I really came away with this perception. I know that F1's can stop and go and probably run circles around an Indy car but it seems they have lost their style and looks to the constant demand of engineering and technology. Now Indy cars are designed and engineered for a completely different style of racing and the slippery look of the cars scream high speed in line racing.

Have always been a fan of the Indy 500 and Sunday once again reassured me, as usual, I will probably never watch another Indy Car race this year and will tune in and follow each Grand Prix. Go figure.

The look of F1 cars is very much dictated by the current aero rules. F1 cars are going to look much more like Indy cars with the re-introduction of ground effect in 2021...

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...n-the-wind-tunnel.6ye3S7Pb8NRX1K7PjTBxtS.html

OP
M

Midwest Blade

Wombat

Master Contributor
Let's be serious, this is real racing for real men, made in Rome a few milleniums before that childish Indy ;-)

hqdefault.jpg

gikigill

F1 is built to showcase the peak of technical excellence. The engine tech is a major factors why a lot of companies participate.

Williams makes money in consultation and sophisticated manufacturing processess and then uses the money to go racing and it is a showcase of their technical prowess. F1 doesnt take any prisoners when it comes to tech and sophistication. Its meant to push boundaries and to put it in audio terms, its the Objective crowd of the motorsport world. Numbers and tech will help more than anything else.

I subscribe to F1 Live and its great fun watching the telemetry on my tablet while watching the race live on TV and comparing different drivers instantly and their cars telemetry.

Top Bottom