• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Increase delay for one channel in a stereo setup

Met4L

Hi guys, i need your help.

I have a desktop stereo speakers , a pair of Kef EGG, and they are not at the same distance in relation to the listening point. I have no space to move them at the same distance, the right channel is a bit far respect to the left channel.

I want to manually adjust the distances with Equalizer apo, i was searching for an option to increase delay or virtually add some distance correction to each channel.. i couldn't find anything..

The problem i have are the voices not focalized to the center of the sound image. I can balance the sound from windows, but it is bad, i have to decrease a lot the output of the left channel and i lose a lot of volume in this way.

Exists a more fine setup in order to correct this problem?

Im completely noob in this field and audio in general, so sorry if i wrote something wrong.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm no expert on the software EQs out there, but I doubt most simple ones offer digital delay. You'll need something more sophisticated I think, like JRiver.

Flaesh

Equalizer apo
1668359392015.png

egellings

Major Contributor
What about an adjustable 1st or maybe 2nd order all pass circuit, which is done in the analog realm?

Top Bottom