• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Inappropriate, or unwise words uttered about your hifi.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I was counting (to 3) in the 'Life of a Relationship' sense.

1) Was an arrogant & potentially expensive lack of mechanical sympathy with a car, (two mindless times), and a refusal to listen.

My Dad frequently gets out of the car after been driven by Mum muttering "No mechanical sympathy" and shaking his head.

I find myself (using the inside voice) saying the same about the current Mrs 54.

egellings

Major Contributor
My favorite cut-down: " That thing makes a violin sound as if if it were strung with piano wire and bowed with a hacksaw!".

nerdstrike

"always go with your ears, not a measurement" said the shop attendant to the science PhD who has spent his entire career dealing with the inadequacy of human senses.

Slayer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Inappropriate, or unwise words uttered about your hifi.
I think the most annoying thing (words) are when one of my lady friends, kids, grandkids, or their friends say " Wait, you spent how much on all that stuff". Yet their friends or some of the neighbors drive around in a 1k beater car with a 5k system in it. The irony never ceases to amaze me.
Yet they want to sit and listen for hours to the point where you have to make an excuse to politely tell them it's time to go.

Top Bottom