• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

In Ceiling Speakers for 400 sq. ft. home theater recommendations (size and dispersion) for Atmos

dave999z

I went with 6.5" after debating about it. I just got them installed (not wired). The significant motivators were 1. the low ceiling, 2. the size of the cutout.

I was going to build a backbox, but I'm glad I decided against it after seeing the work involved, and 2 the realization that the attic space above serves as an infinite baffle.
How have you found the Klipsch CDT-5650-C II as Atmos speakers? Any regret going with 6.5" rather than 8"?

What speakers are you using for front L/R and for surround? Do they seem to pair well with the Klipsch?

OP
F

FriedChicken

How have you found the Klipsch CDT-5650-C II as Atmos speakers? Any regret going with 6.5" rather than 8"?

What speakers are you using for front L/R and for surround? Do they seem to pair well with the Klipsch?
It doesn't matter at all lol

I'm glad I went with the 6.5" instead of the 8"

The Atmos effect isn't as strong as I had anticipated. Had I not planned attic work anyway, I would have regretted getting in-ceiling speakers, but since it's a permanent addition to the house, and doing it now would be impossible/destructive, I'm glad I did it but I wouldn't go hard on it.

dave999z

It doesn't matter at all lol

I'm glad I went with the 6.5" instead of the 8"

The Atmos effect isn't as strong as I had anticipated. Had I not planned attic work anyway, I would have regretted getting in-ceiling speakers, but since it's a permanent addition to the house, and doing it now would be impossible/destructive, I'm glad I did it but I wouldn't go hard on it.

Thanks. Doing ceiling Atmos speakers certainly ratchets up the price of your AVR as well.

That said, we just renovated our room too, so the room/ceiling is now wired for 7.2.4, so I might as well do it.

Still waffling on 6.5" versus 8" ceiling speakers though. There's not much price difference at the moment ($179 each versus $139 each). These Klipsch speakers have sure come down in price.

OP
F

FriedChicken

Still waffling on 6.5" versus 8" ceiling speakers though. There's not much price difference at the moment ($179 each versus $139 each). These Klipsch speakers have sure come down in price.

How high are your ceilings?

Top Bottom