• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Improve Raspberry 4 streamer

officialsm

Hi,
i'm using a 4 GB ram Raspberry 4 with Moode Audio for streaming. Output throught USB to CXA81 integrated dac amplifier.
Raspberry is assembled with a custom enclosure, oled display and power on/off management board (as picture below taken during works).

I would like to improve performance, if possible. How can i do? Thinking add some reclocker or dac board or somwthing else?

player2.jpg

OP
officialsm

officialsm

I think USB output is the best solution.

Control temperature (in the box without fan any fan?).
Hi, with room 21-22° C the RAsp cpu temperature is around 55-58° C

simbloke

Forum Donor
Yes just use the USB output, should be fine.
I'd prefer a heatsink myself if there's any chance Moode starts doing cpu intensive stuff, scanning your library for example.

OP
officialsm

officialsm

Do you think something like IFI PURIFIER added on usb could helps?

simbloke

Forum Donor
I'm pretty sure Amir has reviewed a few things like that and the answer was no. My searching is failing to find it...

OP
officialsm

officialsm

Nope, Nope, and Nope. Just purchase a DAC that is shown to properly sanitize it's inputs. The Pi4 USB is correctly implemented to spec.
Thank you. Could you suggests kind of dac doing that well?

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you. Could you suggests kind of dac doing that well?

Check out Amir's measurement section. As I don't know your format needs, feature needs, budget etc but your CXA81 is a Cambridge product and they seem to have a solid engineering approach.

I would just stick with that...

Daverz

Major Contributor
I would investigate digital room correction (or headphone EQ) with CamillaDSP.

GeorgeWalk

I am using a Topping D10s on my main listening system with a Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer. It sounds fine. I also have a headphone only setup with a Topping D50s/A50s. All of them using the Pi's USB.

Sprint

Forum Donor
I am using too a RPI 4 running PiCorePlayer with Topping D10s feeding SPIDF AES into my Genelec 8340 active speakers. So far, I am pretty happy with the outcome especially considering what I spent in comparison to 4-5 times more expensive streamers.

Daverz

Major Contributor
I am using too a RPI 4 running PiCorePlayer with Topping D10s feeding SPIDF AES into my Genelec 8340 active speakers. So far, I am pretty happy with the outcome especially considering what I spent in comparison to 4-5 times more expensive streamers.

How is the SPDIF to AES conversion done?

Sprint

Forum Donor

ctakim

Forum Donor
Hi,
i'm using a 4 GB ram Raspberry 4 with Moode Audio for streaming. Output throught USB to CXA81 integrated dac amplifier.
Raspberry is assembled with a custom enclosure, oled display and power on/off management board (as picture below taken during works).

I would like to improve performance, if possible. How can i do? Thinking add some reclocker or dac board or somwthing else?

View attachment 123580
Can I ask what you mean by improve performance? In keeping with the objectivist bent of ASR, it may be hard to make any improvements that you will discern as audibly better. But there may be ways to improve its SINAD (THD+N) rating that may still be something you want to achieve. I for one do not discount the value of increased self satisfaction of knowing your gear can achieve the cleanest signal possible. For me it is akin to tweaking my Porsche to incrementally improve its zero to 60 mph time although that will have no perceptible impact on how quickly I get to work each day (purely hypothetical analogy though, since I drive a Prius).

Top Bottom