• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Impeccable measurements. Are they the key to success in today's world of high end audio?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well don't feel too left out. I never heard of the show either. A couple I am friends with out of the blue purchased a tavern in a historic part of a small town. They were excited about it. So the next day, scrolling through TV channel guide, and I see Bar Rescue. The description was about a guy who goes to troubled bars and fixes them. The issues are a few common things just about every time. Anyway, for that reason I watched a few episodes over the next couple of weeks. My friends were about to and still may make the classic mistake. Deciding what they want the bar to be instead of what works for patrons in that area. And yes, were it not for my friend's upcoming adventure I might never have paid any attention to such a show. There is so much dreck on TV if you sometimes watch now days. Yet, maybe this is a good example of how it all gets on air. To someone, somewhere it isn't the dreck it is to most people.

Last edited:

Opus111

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Reminds me a little of the 90's BBC's show 'Troubleshooter' though I don't have a recollection ofl ever watching an episode myself. I did though enjoy one of John Harvey-Jones' books on management many years ago.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
Well 1.5 years later and I finally found the answer to the topic of this thread. ABSOLUTELY NOT!

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Well 1.5 years later and I finally found the answer to the topic of this thread. ABSOLUTELY NOT!
Shame you talk more than your listen or you would have learned that 1.5 years ago:

Back to your question, I am afraid if you are after the larger market of high-end audiophiles, they don't care about measurements. They go by word of mouth, look of the product, reviews, etc.

You want to listen to us from here on or keep insisting you know the answer???

Last edited:
OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
That's certainly not the outcome of my research over the last 1.5 years. Out of 73 products sold, and 100% highly positive client feedback, only 1 person asked for measurements. And that 1 person happens to be the fellow who sent you in the Uptone LPS-1 to test.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That's certainly not the outcome of my research over the last 1.5 years. Out of 73 products sold, and 100% highly positive client feedback, only 1 person asked for measurements. And that 1 person happens to be the fellow who sent you in the Uptone LPS-1 to test.
You have a severe inability to read and understand posts. Read what I wrote again.

Once again, what you "researched" and arrived at was told to you by me 1.5 years ago.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
Ahhh so you knew this all along. Well why the hell should I care about proving measurements then?

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Ahhh so you knew this all along. Well why the hell should I care about proving measurements then?
You don't, but if you want to make claims here about performance they have to be substantiated by the appropriate evidence.

If you go elsewhere then you can just carry on as you are.

In terms of what you chose to do, how you chose to market your stuff.., we don't care mike. Never have.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
I haven't made any claims of performance. Only positive client feedback. When in any business the goal is usually to obtain positive client feedback. So it's in everyone's interest to do what it takes to obtain this positive client feedback.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
I haven't made any claims of performance. Only positive client feedback. When in any business the goal is usually to obtain positive client feedback. So it's in everyone's interest to do what it takes to obtain this positive client feedback.
Really? Didn't you say it was the second best dac in the world? Due to the fantastic measurements of the clock? But measurements don't matter :)

....and not to put too fine a point on it, your audio business has been a total failure. How many units have you sold?

I took you off ignore just to post that, back on again :)

Mike, the rationale of this forum is abundantly clear, I'm sure you understand it very well. You continuing to rail against it will get you nowhere. Your arguments are contradictory and lack any appropriate evidence. As such it's pretty dumb and comical to see you in action.

Last edited:
OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
Yes the ultra low phase noise clocks were a large contributing factor to the exceptional client feedback. Yes 73 pieces of gear in 1.5 years with absolutely no advertising or overhead is a failure in my books. Good thing it was only a beta testing company.

Yeah right you have me on ignore. You learn too much from my posts to do that. I'm the one who talked you in to buying your Nord amp. Now you boast about it left and right.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
Yeah but I'm not trying to pinpoint the source of the noise. I'm more interested in measuring what the noise looks like on paper. It's not my board that I'm trying to troubleshoot. I already have a board that has a -140Db noise floor I'm quite happy with.

Oh and a follow up to this 1.5 years later can be found here:

http://www.audioshark.org/amplifier...ps-class-d-ready-prime-time-9369-page138.html

Not too many unhappy folks posting on that thread! BTW he fixed the noise problem with the original board. All details are in the Nord thread right before they banned me.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Yes the ultra low phase noise clocks were a large contributing factor to the exceptional client feedback. Yes 73 pieces of gear in 1.5 years with absolutely no advertising or overhead is a failure in my books. Good thing it was only a beta testing company.

Yeah right you have me on ignore. You learn too much from my posts to do that. I'm the one who talked you in to buying your Nord amp. Now you boast about it left and right.
73 pieces is crap sales. Your profit wasn't worth the time investment. A total business failure. A competent business would have advertised.

No you didn't convince me to buy Nord, I was aware of them for a very long time. They were simply a route to get the hypex oem modules.
Where have I boasted about Nord, in fact I have been critical of the internal build quality.

Last edited:
OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
Man of your word I see. Just keep reading and learning. One day you'll get there. :)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I haven't made any claims of performance.
Fake news! :D

Only positive client feedback. When in any business the goal is usually to obtain positive client feedback. So it's in everyone's interest to do what it takes to obtain this positive client feedback.
Same scheme this company uses to sell this:

s-l300.jpg

upload_2017-9-16_21-16-47.png

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company

So what controlled tests and measurements did you perform to ascertain the clocks benefit? None. Just marketing noise.

Man of your word I see. Just keep reading and learning. One day you'll get there. :)

If you haven't realised Mike, I'm just poking fun at you. It's wrong I know I shouldn't mock the afflicted but it's too easy.

Every time you contribute to a thread it's nonsense and disruptive so I don't feel bad,about it

egellings

Major Contributor
My Hypex modules required differential drive with a 1.8K input resistance on each input. I cobbled a single ended input to diff output circuit for it using the AD797 op amp. Had to cap-couple the op amps' outputs to the Hypex's inputs per their instruction, since the inputs sit at a DC level. It worked well.

vitalii427

Forum Donor
My Hypex modules required differential drive with a 1.8K input resistance on each input. I cobbled a single ended input to diff output circuit for it using the AD797 op amp. Had to cap-couple the op amps' outputs to the Hypex's inputs per their instruction, since the inputs sit at a DC level. It worked well.
5043FD9C-1F25-4151-B854-C50D926B694C.jpeg

tuga

Major Contributor
What if the measurements weren't published, and you were just aiming for positive subjective impressions? After all most of the guys who spend the big bucks don't even look at the specs. And when in a dealer showroom, who asks for the spec sheet before auditioning a product?

That is what audio magazines are for. Just pay the 5- or 10k- or whatever-a-year ad page and ship your gear in for glowing-reviewing...
Be prepared for extended-loaning some of the stuff.

Top Bottom