• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I'm using Groove Music in windows 10, and have Schiit stack (Magni 3+, Modi 3), do i need to set EQ in GM to flat if i'm using the stack?

EatMoreAudio

HI Guys,

I'm so sorry to ask such a stupid questions, but please be kind and easy with me. I had a horrible accident that basically i couldnt do much for over the 10 years and finally i can walk and do some limitations on my own. I love Music and want to start all over again. I missed music for over 10 years. The last time i started music was old cd player, cassette deck and onkyo receiver. Now so much i have missed and the newer technology is so overwhelming for me. But hey, i gotta start somewhere. Of course i did research alot of my questions on google, but so many different answers and my brain cant calculate it all. I did research and since i'm a beginner, so have purchased the Schiit stack (Magni 3+ and the Modi 3) and purchased the Sennheiser HD660s for a start. I will mostly listen to my desktop PC or my laptop in Windows 10. I'm currently using the groove music that came with the windows (if you can let me know if there is a better music player, please kindly let me know). I noticed there is a equalizer button the groove music, but do i leave the EQ to "flat" since there is no off button on the EQ? I just want the pure sound from the Schiit stack to start. Thank you so much for taking your time to read my post.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you plan to listen to your music without any EQ then, you'd set the EQ to flat in Groove Music. Eventually you could make use of an EQ for the 660s.

Kegemusha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Sorry to hear about your accident, I hope you will get even better.
I do use groove as well from in laptop, is ok to leave it flat also.

I throw some free alternatives,You could also use Foobar that is free and has a better eq. Or just use Equalizer APO to eq the sound, I have these 2 on my PC, and sounds great.
Cheers.

OP
E

EatMoreAudio

Sorry to hear about your accident, I hope you will get even better.
I do use groove as well from in laptop, is ok to leave it flat also.

I throw some free alternatives,You could also use Foobar that is free and has a better eq. Or just use Equalizer APO to eq the sound, I have these 2 on my PC, and sounds great.
Cheers.
Thank you so much for your kind words! Yes, i'm getting better by the day, but not 100% yet, but hoping to get there soon. Also, thank you for your valuable advise. I will give the Foobar and EQ APO a try. Have a good rest of your evening!

Top Bottom