• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I'm looking for a clearer and less muddled sound from a pair of headphones. Are the MSR7 a good option?

Frugert

I've been using the HyperX Cloud Stinger for a couple of years now and i'm beginning to get tired of the constant bass throughout a song, it sounds quite muddled and fatiguing. I've been looking for headphones with a sound signature which doesn't have a constant overpowering or present bass, rather one where the bass is tight and clean when required in a song. For example, something where say at the beginning of the song where theirs less bass, i can clearer hear the instruments with good detail, then mid-way through the song lets say, the bass is fairly present. (I'm trying my best to explain, sorry). So i came across the MSR7 and am wondering whether these would be a viable option? I also do a lot of gaming so that'll be a factor too. I've been looking at some reviews for these and there are mixed comments on its comfort and clamping force, since i'd be gaming i'm looking for something that can be worn for long periods of time without too much fatigue. (Required to be closed back) Any suggestions or opinions are appreciated, Thanks.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Slightly bright, not bass heavy and very detailed. I like the MSR7 a lot, they're one of the unsung bargain buys of hifi.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's funny how sensitivity to sound signature works. I just sold my T5P II headphones because I found a screechiness in the highs after adjusting to the neutral sound of the Etymotic ER4 SR. You would expect then to also turn off the bright MSR7 and bassy MDR Z7 but I still like those headphones even though one is very noticeably brighter and the other much bassier than the Etymotics. Odd.

THW

Forum Donor
at least for me the MSR7b is quite good for a reasonably priced closed back portable. one of the few closed backs in that price range that didn’t make me reach for my HD 600 immediately.

i still prefer HD 600 though :D

Top Bottom