• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I'm considering a major investment: a USB cable

wgscott

Is this one worth the price? ($7.38 + tax + free shipping).

Will it lift veils and that kind of thing?

81zyAMm%2B51L._SL1500_.jpg

OP
wgscott

wgscott

If I bought a foofy USB cable, I would get the shit beat out of me at work (and rightfully so).

OP
wgscott

wgscott

Maybe I should get an Amazon basics one too, and invite all the local fat 60+ year old bald guys with golden hearing over for an auditioning shoot-out.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't forget monoprice. You should get one of their longest extenders to go up against Belkin and Amazon's offerings in the shootout.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Maybe I should get an Amazon basics one too, and invite all the local fat 60+ year old bald guys with golden hearing over for an auditioning shoot-out.
good idea, if there is more than 4 of you better be prepared and have a defibrillator at the ready:D

OP
wgscott

wgscott

Would it sound better if I got the one with timbre wolves on it?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Might suffer from a slight howl and growl coloration.

Mivera

Major Contributor

I find that having hair helps absorb room reflections. So better make sure 40% of them at least have some hair. Thick sweater vest's help as well.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I find that having hair helps absorb room reflections. So better make sure 40% of them at least have some hair. Thick sweater vest's help as well.
A real timbre wolf would absorb lots of sound too. They have pretty thick hair(fur). At least as much as ten old bald guys have lost. Plus petting an animal lowers your blood pressure and relaxes you. Assuming the timbre wolf is tame. Then again I also am assuming timbre wolf is UK spelling for timber wolf. One has to do with music and the other with wolves. So I am not sure.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Is this one worth the price? ($7.38 + tax + free shipping).

Will it lift veils and that kind of thing?

81zyAMm%2B51L._SL1500_.jpg

Where do you attach the batteries and the magnets?

OP
wgscott

wgscott

TBone

Major Contributor
A real timbre wolf would absorb lots of sound too. They have pretty thick hair(fur). At least as much as ten old bald guys have lost. Plus petting an animal lowers your blood pressure and relaxes you. Assuming the timbre wolf is tame. Then again I also am assuming timbre wolf is UK spelling for timber wolf. One has to do with music and the other with wolves. So I am not sure.

An old buddy of mine used to tell the story of when he had two puppy male wolves. Which soon grew into bigger pups. All was well, until one day, during a feeding, they took upon each other. He was terrified breaking 'em up. Thick fur everywhere, w/much higher blood pressure.

"But they look so cute" ...
article-0-09928F8D000005DC-32_634x398.jpg

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
An old buddy of mine used to tell the story of when he had two puppy male wolves. Which soon grew into bigger pups. All was well, until one day, during a feeding, they took upon each other. He was terrified breaking 'em up. Thick fur everywhere, w/much higher blood pressure.

"But they look so cute" ...
article-0-09928F8D000005DC-32_634x398.jpg
I hate to tell ya, but one of those isn't a wolf. :rolleyes:

Joking aside I can believe it. I know someone with dog/wolf hybrids. It seems K9s are essentially wolves that never leave adolescence. With hybrids some are fine dogs, and some around 2 years or so old mature into something more like the wolf they come from and have to be handled differently. There is no way to tell until it happens or doesn't.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry, maybe I need to type slower.

Here I was hoping it was some clever play on words you had in mind. Your working in biology and all, I thought maybe some new genetic manipulation which lets the song parts of bird DNA be turned on in wolves so you get a musical timbre wolf. Perfect furry companion for an aging audiophile.

Top Bottom