• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Iloud Precision Monitors

SMAC88

I have the KH120 already. But if the technical problems of the old MTM are really gone I would consider them as a second pair for the ultra near field.

Edit: Wonder why they got rid of the protecting grills.
Which technical problem? I have the MTM and I have no problems here.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
They're official now:

US pricing:
Precision 5: US$900/each
Precision 6: US$1000/each
Precision MTM: US$1200/each

Announcement videos (from IK Multimedia youtube channel):

6.5" version (precision 6) is on part with Genelec 8040B (also 6.5") (US$1175/each)
Looking forward to their reviews, of course!

Here's a 3D-comparison between iLoud MTM and Precision MTM:
1662060777230.png

HxWxD:

IK Multimedia iLoud MTM: (10.4in x 6.299in x 5.1in)
IK Multimedia Precision MTM: (17.4in x 8.769in x 6.96in)

Last edited:

jean-benoit

im really looking foreward to those. the iLoud MTM's are my favorite pair of small desk speakers, the low-end on such a small device is just fantastic.
the precision MTM looks like the big brother, also much more expensive, but i think these new ones could be a new standard in that price range.

i wonder how they will compare to similar priced monitors such as the KH150 or the new Adam Audio A8H. my guess, the MTM's may be the better choice out of these..

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
im really looking foreward to those. the iLoud MTM's are my favorite pair of small desk speakers, the low-end on such a small device is just fantastic.
the precision MTM looks like the big brother, also much more expensive, but i think these new ones could be a new standard in that price range.

i wonder how they will compare to similar priced monitors such as the KH150 or the new Adam Audio A8H. my guess, the MTM's may be the better choice out of these..
The KH 150 does not come at a similar price; in fact it costs 1649 Euro a piece in Europe. And Neumann has revealed some measurements recently on their homepage: I can't imagine the ilouds measure nearly as good. That doesn't mean that the ilouds are more compliant to your listening preferences though....

Cars-N-Cans

If they can get 50Hz from 3-inch I expect 20Hz from 5-inch or no deal :p
The asterisk being dB threshold before limiting sets in ;) Although the more expensive monitors available from various manufacturers have seriously impressive outputs for the small volume they occupy, so much so they put a lot of larger passives to shame. But for cheap stuff I'm not so enamored with the active DSP as there's a good chance they end up using up the entire can of turd polish before the thing gets to anything resembling satisfying output levels, but you ultimately get what you pay for.

jean-benoit

The KH 150 does not come at a similar price; in fact it costs 1649 Euro a piece in Europe. And Neumann has revealed some measurements recently on their homepage: I can't imagine the ilouds measure nearly as good. That doesn't mean that the ilouds are more compliant to your listening preferences though....
ok, at thomann, the neumanns are "only" 200 EUR more per piece, not a lot price difference imo.
i have only heard the KH310, but i would like to see how the KH150 compare to the 310 and the Precision MTMs.

i was just amazed with how good these tiny speakers (iloud MTM) sounded, so my hopes are high with these new models.

will you try out either the KH150 or one of the new iLoud Precision?

Grotti

Forum Donor
ok, at thomann, the neumanns are "only" 200 EUR more per piece, not a lot price difference imo.
i have only heard the KH310, but i would like to see how the KH150 compare to the 310 and the Precision MTMs.

i was just amazed with how good these tiny speakers (iloud MTM) sounded, so my hopes are high with these new models.

will you try out either the KH150 or one of the new iLoud Precision?
I heard the 310 in a dealer setting and they sounded good but regarding the price and the looks I did not pull the trigger. The 150 should sound the same within the levels I use and the forms factor would be perfect since it would replace a similar sized compact speaker (this would mean no discussion with my wife....). So the 150 would be my first choice but if the ilouds would measure nearly as good I could be tempted....

oversky

• Directivity (Vertical - all voices): +/-50°
  • Directivity (Vertical - Wide Dispersion mode): +70°/-50°
Do I read the spec. correctly?
It has two vertical directivity modes.

TurtlePaul

The tough thing on this is I think the value of this product partially depends on how good the software is. If it comes with the equivalent of REW or integrates with REW then it should be a very compelling product (assuming the spins are similar to the existing MTMs). However, I only think these prices are compelling if they complete with the Genelec 83x0 line or Neumann DSP lines. If the DSP on this is too clunky then these are a pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: GDK

Hexspa

Hiss

Yes, I would also like Amir to measure it. IK promises are exceptional, but to see do these promises hold to the real life would be very interesting.

jean-benoit

just wanted to chime in, because i received the iloud precision mtm monitors this morning.
i also posted my first impressions of the speakers on gearpace.com, so here we go:

i currently have them at my living right now, and will move them into the studio in a few days.

first reaction; they are ...LOUD! good thing even though they are loud – no noticeable hiss, even at +5db.

i'm listening to the new beyonce album right now, which has a nice mix/master. bass is controlled, deep and not really comparable to the original mtms – it simply is just "bigger" and much more defined, i don't know why somebody would need sub with these. the vocal presentation is astounding and lovely. stereoimaging is also a strong point of these speakers, it's fantastic.

this is just a few hours in, at my home, not in a properly treated studio room, but i can already say, that im gonna keep these 100%.

a big step up from my previous owned kali in-8 2nd, and the original iloud mtm.
all i can say is that im really impressed by now – really, really dig them!

i will see how they compare to the neumann KH310, once i moved them to the studio, but from my first impressions i can already tell, the precision mtm can absolutely compete against the neumanns (really not sorry for the neumann / genelec fans).

ps. i didnt mess with room calibration and the arc 3 software yet – will most likely do it when i moved the speakers to the studio.
but; they way i see it is, that speakers should sound good, regardless of all the fancy room correction stuff. and i can honestly say, that even if there would be any additional room calibration software, i would still keep them just the way they are!

Last edited:

test1223

The previous models where really good so I am optimistic that the newer models are also well engineered. From having a look at the speaker I think I identified the drivers they are using:

The tweeter looks like a Wavecore driver
Wavecore TW030WA09 or TW030WA10

The woofer might be a sb acoustics polypropylene oem with the satori basket?
5″ SB15MFC30-4 / Polypropylene
6″ SB17MFC35-4 / Polypropylene

Very decent drivers if they actually use theses drivers.

Slyman

The tough thing on this is I think the value of this product partially depends on how good the software is. If it comes with the equivalent of REW or integrates with REW then it should be a very compelling product (assuming the spins are similar to the existing MTMs). However, I only think these prices are compelling if they complete with the Genelec 83x0 line or Neumann DSP lines. If the DSP on this is too clunky then these are a pass.
My thoughts too... Why would i buy these over Neumann Kh80+mic for 50% of the price?

czt

offtopic
Even if they will be absolutely flawless, I never buy anything from ik, because they never admit that arc 3 not using the loaded 3rd party microphone calibration file. I hate everything that ik forever because of this.

TurtlePaul

My thoughts too... Why would i buy these over Neumann Kh80+mic for 50% of the price?

Driver size isn’t everything, but the precision 5 is about the same size as the rumored KH120 DSP and the precision 6 has the same driver size as the announced KH150 DSP. If you put any of these speakers next to a KH80, you would realize they aren’t in the same size or power class.

Top Bottom