• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Iloud Precision Monitors

Lilith

There are three new iloud monitors (5 inch, 6.5 inch, 5 inch MTM) . When you google for it you'll find some entries. Most of them, however, got deleted again during the last 4 days.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Nothing is ever deleted online. Lol

1661794401487.png

1661794426855.png

The iLoud Precision monitors leaked pricing:

• iLoud Precison 5 * costs EUR 999
  • iLoud Precison 6 * costs EUR 1199
  • iLoud Precison MTM * costs EUR 1399

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Nothing is ever deleted online. Lol

View attachment 227455
View attachment 227456

The iLoud Precision monitors leaked pricing:

• iLoud Precison 5 * costs EUR 999
  • iLoud Precison 6 * costs EUR 1199
  • iLoud Precison MTM * costs EUR 1399

Are these the monitors in the background of Erin’s latest video? :O

OP
Lilith

Lilith

I looked it up in Google cache. Is this pair price btw.?

OP
Lilith

Lilith

I have the KH120 already. But if the technical problems of the old MTM are really gone I would consider them as a second pair for the ultra near field.

Edit: Wonder why they got rid of the protecting grills.

Mario Sanchez

I have the KH120 already. But if the technical problems of the old MTM are really gone I would consider them as a second pair for the ultra near field.

Edit: Wonder why they got rid of the protecting grills.
Hopefully they get the amp hiss under control, it's still gonna lobe a fair bit in the vertical direction in the mids though, being an MTM and all.

OP
Lilith

Lilith

My KH120 also is hiss a bit. Have them at 100 cm distance. I thought one is hissing more, but wenn holding a mic directly at the tweeter I can't hear any difference. Must be some psychoacoustic thing.

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
My KH120 also is hiss a bit. Have them at 100 cm distance. I thought one is hissing more, but wenn holding a mic directly at the tweeter I can't hear any difference. Must be some psychoacoustic thing.
Check your gain staging. You may have them cranked up a bit too much in order to compensate for low interface output levels. How much headroom does the interface volume control provide, and how are input sensitivity and input gain set? I can't hear my K+H O110s at all past half a meter.

OP
Lilith

Lilith

Check your gain staging. You may have them cranked up a bit too much in order to compensate for low interface output levels. How much headroom does the interface volume control provide, and how are input sensitivity and input gain set? I can't hear my K+H O110s at all past half a meter.
I think I have them set to 108 dB (will check). Interface is a Behringer UMC 204 which is set to the loudest volume (almost because there's some distortion if I put it to 100%). Then I'm going into the passive Mackie Big Knob, which is at ~50-75 % typically. Maybe I can live with 100dB.

They are set to 100 dB already

Koeitje

Major Contributor
I think I have them set to 108 dB (will check). Interface is a Behringer UMC 204 which is set to the loudest volume (almost because there's some distortion if I put it to 100%). Then I'm going into the passive Mackie Big Knob, which is at ~50-75 % typically. Maybe I can live with 100dB.

I'm pretty sure its the gain settings, I use ADAM T5V's and at the recommended gain level I can't hear (or just about...my room isn't very quiet) them at about 80cm, but if I turn up the gain to max I clearly hear them. I use a Topping E30 as source/preamp so I know it the speakers causing the hiss. I'd expect the KH120 to be similar.

sharock

Bit of a price upgrade from my iLoud Micros.:oops:

I look forward to seeing how they measure.

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor

The UMC204 has very wimpy output, if memory serves it barely makes it to 0 dBu. (Which, mind you, is par for the course in its class.) The KH120s would be deserving of something a little better. If Big Knobs are your thing (I suppose that's for convenience during desk use?), perhaps an (Audient) EVO 4, M-Audio AIR 192|6, Mackie Big Knob Studio or SSL 2+. Or plan B, replace the passive Big Knob by a portable mixer that can provide some gain of its own.

OP
Lilith

Lilith

The UMC204 has very wimpy output, if memory serves it barely makes it to 0 dBu. (Which, mind you, is par for the course in its class.) The KH120s would be deserving of something a little better. If Big Knobs are your thing (I suppose that's for convenience during desk use?), perhaps an (Audient) EVO 4, M-Audio AIR 192|6, Mackie Big Knob Studio or SSL 2+. Or plan B, replace the passive Big Knob by a portable mixer that can provide some gain of its own.
I had a Rubix before, which was louder. A active Big Knob I avoided cause the pot starts crackling after some while and it's cheaper to replace a passive one. As I'm on Linux it must be class compliant. I guess the Audient is the best from that list, right?

Pauper

Bit of a price upgrade from my iLoud Micros.:oops:

I look forward to seeing how they measure.
I have iLoud Micros which are ok but would be interested in these. Looks like they leaked them deliberately by mistake!
I would imagine that the price is each if they are including their room correction.

Orpheus

I like the 5-inch MTMs. Hopefully, the price of EUR 1399 is per pair, otherwise that's quite expensive.

Edit: I checked the cached product page from Thomann and the price is for a single unit.

Last edited:

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
As I'm on Linux it must be class compliant. I guess the Audient is the best from that list, right?
These were sorted by price, ascending. EVO 4 does not have inserts but is fully usable in Linux, not sure whether it still requires a firmware update first (EVO 8 is troublesome IIRC). SSL 2+ looks good, too. People also seem to be happy with their AIR 192 | 4 and 14 on Linux (while Windows seems to pose some driver issues, actually).

OP
Lilith

Lilith

These were sorted by price, ascending. EVO 4 does not have inserts but is fully usable in Linux, not sure whether it still requires a firmware update first (EVO 8 is troublesome IIRC). SSL 2+ looks good, too. People also seem to be happy with their AIR 192 | 4 and 14 on Linux (while Windows seems to pose some driver issues, actually).
The UMC 204 has an output level of 3 dBu.

My former Rubix has 8dBU. I think the Behringer should be fine. I'm also loosing some dB due to room correction

SMAC88

Announced today. they seem promising, although they are tailored for studios and sound engineers. If they really achieved that flat response as they claim with that X-monitor software they will be getting lot of attention.

Hope Amir can review one of them to see how they compare against their claims.

Top Bottom