• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Illusonic IAP Processors

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Illusonic IAP processors are literally the ‘Swiss Army Knife’ of audio their IAP processors are capable of replacing almost every box in your system,.
Phono stage, preamp, DAC, ADC, they are multi channel , they have sophisticated tone and bass management, ( we measure and Christof creates a custom EQ for your room ) their ‘immersive’ algorithm is incredible, it can adjust the amount of direct ,reflected and ambient sound from the recording, literally placing you in the venue.
https://www.illusonic.com/
Illusonic IAP processors have created the finest sound I have ever enjoyed in my room replacing products many, many times more expensive.
Keith

Scott Borduin

Forum Donor
BACCH is a crosstalk cancellation system - it trys to create a binaural listening environment from two loudspeakers. Whereas I believe the Illusonic is synthesizing multi-speaker surround information by extracting spatial information from the original recording? Both of these approaches will increase the sense of space and envelopment by increasing the amount of decorrelated sound reaching the right and left ears, but they do it in very different ways. I suspect that which approach works better will be dependent on speakers, room, and source material. Also, the BACCH algorithm will be more of a "sweet spot" approach.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
BACCH is a crosstalk cancellation system - it trys to create a binaural listening environment from two loudspeakers. Whereas I believe the Illusonic is synthesizing multi-speaker surround information by extracting spatial information from the original recording? Both of these approaches will increase the sense of space and envelopment by increasing the amount of decorrelated sound reaching the right and left ears, but they do it in very different ways. I suspect that which approach works better will be dependent on speakers, room, and source material. Also, the BACCH algorithm will be more of a "sweet spot" approach.
Spot on, the Illusonic really is ( corny I know ) a ‘Swiss army knife’ it does everything, phono,preamp, adc,dac, you implement crossovers, integrate subs, EQ your room, Christof ha patented a clever upmix algorithm to upmix two channel to M/C tone controls ,bass management , and his ‘immersion’ algorithm which separates direct,reflected and ambient sound.
The reallybest part is that you measure your room, using the Illusonic software ( which is straightforward) send along a photograph of the room, and some dimensions and Christoph creates the EQ for you, you can mess with the correction as much as you like , or ask him to amend it in any way.
Keith

Top Bottom