• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IK Media ARC3

Tom C

Major Contributor
I'm looking to get more serious about room correction, but I've been procrastinating for a long time because I hate endless fiddling that ends in hopeless frustration. I'm not looking forward to the learning curve for manual systems, and don't look forward to repeating the process for several rooms.
Started looking into some automated systems after reading Amir's Genelec GLM review, and came across the ARC3. Apparently, this is not the same as Anthem's room correction, so I'm a little surprised they can use the name.
Has anyone used this system? If so, did you like the results, and would you recommend?
Does anyone else have a suggestion for an automated system that can be used with any hardware (not proprietary like Genelec)?

Jbrunwa

I haven’t used ARC3, but it seems intended to run on a DAW and/or VST plug-ins, so if you want the same system for multiple rooms wouldn’t it require a PC or Mac in each setup? If you are EQing stereo, although it’s still a proprietary system, maybe consider miniDSP products with Dirac loaded like DDRC-24, or using Room EQ Wizard to generate and import EQ into the non Dirac version 2x4HD

Top Bottom