• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ignore Please (was Laptop w Passive Speakers - Component Volume Control or DSP Volume Control in Roon?)

NOROB

Forum Donor
I haven't figured out how to delete this thread, but please ignore. I found this, which covers the topic quite thoroughly. Apologies for the inconvenience.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...truth-about-dsp-volume-control-in-roon.23552/

Hi All:

My desktop setup is a ThinkPad with the Loxjie A30 as DAC/Integrated Amp via USB running passive desktop speakers and a passive sub. Question is:

Am I better off controlling volume through Roon or Windows, i.e. setting the Loxjie to 35 or 40 and then reducing it via the software? or... Setting Roon and Windows to fixed output at 100% and then controlling the volume through the Loxjie?

If one method is better than the other, would you mind explaing why?

Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom