• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ignore Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzcaraldo215

Major Contributor
Shame on me. I had no idea we had an ignore button here. But, there it is in the thumbnail that pops up when clicking on a user name.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Great. Wholesale bans of members that post opinions that the greater community doesn't agree with really does cast us in a negative light, making us look afraid of differing positions and such. But it is quite easy for a community to control a disruptive force by simply not participating. If only one or two continue to respond they will tire quickly of the task. Using the Ignore function makes it much easier not to be overwhelmingly temped to add our own "2 cents". ;)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I am the King of Ignore.

I don't need a button.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
I need no button, I got a remote, voice activated.
_______

Question mark: If someone is on your ignored list, how can you learn from what he has to say that makes more sense than most, in those instances?
And on other instances that you consider that it makes less sense (or no sense @ all), how can you advance without sharing your own opinion of disagreement?
...And by saying why, wisely.

Should we ban (ignore) all the people who don't fit our life's criteria? Or should we discuss in ways that we can advance in our learning by intelligent discussions?
Frank is always very polite, always respectful...and that, is a great attribute.

We, as a human race have great difficulty accepting people the way/for who they are, and where we want to go; it's a natural/human deficiency.
We rather ignore than educate and be educated.

And Frank is a fun guy; he fits perfectly the philosophy of ASR. Plus he is extremely humble as an experienced audio engineer.

This, only my own opinion. Ignore lists are a handicap. And yes, it's a feature available here. And there are other features too...

We live on a beautiful blue planet, and today is a gorgeous sunny day here on the Island. And in Rio de Janeiro there is magic going on every single day.

Last edited:

Cosmik

Major Contributor
fas42, keep on saying what you want to say - I may disagree with it vehemently, but I can take it!

NorthSky

Major Contributor
I can take anything that any ASR member wants to say, share, glorify, humoring, teach, ...anything @ all and everything.
...As long that it's not insulting, discriminating, demeaning, disrespectful, racial, biased, ...all that sort of out-of-tune jazz.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
As long that it's not insulting, discriminating, ...

Discriminating:

: liking only things that are of good quality : able to recognize the difference between things that are of good quality and those that are not

What's wrong with that?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Things and people are two different things.

thing
plural noun: things
  1. an object that one need not, cannot, or does not wish to give a specific name to.
  2. an inanimate material object as distinct from a living sentient being.
Want to try again?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Delete the whole thread.

Or move it to Fight Club.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Handbags :D

No ones fighting:confused:

It's useful as although I already pointed out the ignore feature, it seems this thread was needed to drum home for some reason.. Best keep it here just in case folk forget and need reminding/introducing in the future.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Have to look that one up:

handbags
Mainly British. A pointless and worthless argument, deriving from the image of old ladies having a handbag (purse) fight at the bus stop.

That's what this whole thread is.

I see it as an attack on a member. Otherwise it has no content relative to this forum.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
The funniest thing in all of this?
...When someone makes a discovery (about the Ignore List feature), and that he has to share it with all of us, including the person now on his list.

I am totally ecstatic to have learned about this discovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom