• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ifi xCan - iematch for Focal Clear / Tin T2?

Noodles

No need for iem match. Both can be driven well with the xCan. But save yourself some cash and get either a Shanling Up4, Qudelix 5k or a Fiio Btr5.
They are all less than half of what you are about to pay for the xcan.

OP
N

nhatlam96

Shanling Up4.
  • 91mW@32Ohm Single-Ended; 160 mW@32Ohm Balanced output
Hey, noob question here. The output impedance is 32ohm, is that correct?
It would then add a little bass emphasis on my Clear (which is cool)
Focal Clear spec: 104db/mw, 55ohm
Calculated loudness with UP4 single ended: 96dbSPL

Noodles

The output impedance of the UP4 is 0.25 ohm
It will be powerful enough to drive the clears no problem seeing as they are quite sensitive.

Noodles

Headphonia article, in any case the UP4 has more juice than my btr5 and the fiio drives the clear no issue

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Basically everything which reaches 2V will drive both, tho low self impedance would be desirable for T2. Are you shopping for something & what you want?

OP
N

nhatlam96

Basically everything which reaches 2V will drive both, tho low self impedance would be desirable for T2. Are you shopping for something & what you want?
I search for a mobile bluetooth dac/amplifier for Clear and T2. It should also have usb c for wired mode. Yesterday I ordered Shanling UP4 and Sennheiser HD650. Hopefully the 300ohm HD650 is also getting enough juice.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
OK then as you already ordered. Don't think UP4 will be enough unbalanced out for HD650. Those three are very different sounding ear/head-phones. Wanted originally to tell you to take a look at HiBy R3Pro DAP for first two al do it's on blind from me regarding measurements but so far no one really menaged to make a bad one with that DAC (not even sure about it's USB port which shape it is).

Best regards.

OP
N

nhatlam96

I don't really like the Shangling UP4 unfortunately.
The instrument seperation, layering and resolution across the frequency range is too lacking for me, on complex arrangements it loses control.
I tried every bluetooth codec, latency and combination there is in my developer settings.
I think my smartphone Huawei P20 Pro doesn't go well with Bluetooth.
The connection can not hold up when using high LDAC or hwa, so I can not judge the music quality there.
I found no differences between aptx, aptxhd, aac or sbc.
The codec I liked the most was SBC, because it was the most stable.
My bluetooth buds Samsung Gear IconX sometimes have random reconnections.
The Huawei P20 pro is not recommended.
I unfortunately do not have access on other smartphones.
I'm sending this back and will try to get the Qudelix 5k in the future, when I have upgraded my smartphone.

Don't think UP4 will be enough unbalanced out for HD650.
I already have sent my HD650 back, so I could not test it.
But judging with the Focal Clear, I don't think the Shanling UP4 will be enough. Maybe very very close, I would definitely go for a stronger option.

kmannth

Did you find a bt amp you like yet?

The xcan is not cheap but seems to have the power. I am looking for 100 to 250mv at 70 ohm but not finding may bt options so far.

Top Bottom