• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ifi micro iUSB3.0 USB Filter Review

Dnix

I currently only have the ability to test impedance on DC circuits. So mostly testing the effect of impedance on power delivery/voltage stability. So far, in my admittedly limited testing, higher impedance power outputs, tend to have more stable voltage when current draw changes.

EDIT: This also means, in a DC circuit where the current draw (and power consumption) never fluctuates, impedance in the circuit no longer becomes relevant as far as stable power delivery.

Last edited:

gus0361

Shoudn't this device be tested with a with a dac that is powered by a USB connection. From what I know the power supply is one of the main factors for noise in a dac and the USB input device doesn't have much if any effect on the performance.

Sanlitun

Shoudn't this device be tested with a with a dac that is powered by a USB connection. From what I know the power supply is one of the main factors for noise in a dac and the USB input device doesn't have much if any effect on the performance.

I made this same point a while back. I have this and use it as a 5v power source. It would have been good to have tested it with a USB powered DAC, or even one that is not galvanically isolated. As well testing/comparing ripple on the DC might have been interesting as well.

I use it on a Sony TA-ZH1ES as it requires the 5V. I don't feel it is lousy nor obsolete: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-iusb3-0-usb-filter-review.11284/#post-321619

Top Bottom