• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

iFi Micro iDSD Black Label opinions/measurements

Rodney Jones

I'm kind of in the same boat as paradoxical3 in thread "Looking for top tier DAC/AMP" but wanted to start another to focus specifically on the Micro iDSD BL.

I'm looking for a DAC/AMP that is portable but can double as a desktop solution (even though I have several desktop and portable solutions already). Needs to have enough juice to drive 300Ohm cans with relative ease. Also MUST support COAX input and support Android OTG. DSD isn't really important to me "YET" but I want to be future proof. Overall, I'm a huge believer in objective measurements and will take actual data over subjective opinions any day.

I'm very intrigued by the iDSD BL as it seems to check all the boxes but I'd like some actual data that's not published by the vendor. I have seen far too much gear measure well by the supplier and fail miserably when actually measured by third parties.

Has anyone here actually measured this device? Any experience with actual battery life, power output, noise at volume, etc?

FunctionalDoc

Own one and it is my desktop computer main listening device until my DX7 shows up. I will eventually send it to Amir for testing once I get my DX7. They just updated the firmware and now will do do MQA on Tidal but still some users on Head-Fi reporting bugs to be fixed.

Power output will drive HD800's , HE-560's , ZMF Auteurs, no on the Abyss or Susvara to adequate output.. No I don't have every headphone I just listed but I had a meet at my office and had all those headphones where there due HEad-Fi brought 50K worth gear for people to listen too.

iFi support has been excellent . Proof- I was at RMAF and spoke to booth team and said would be nice to have the new volume knob with a line on it and missing the IEM match switch and them came me new ones. The black label worse fine on battery with a OTG cable and USB audio pro on my Google Pixel.

Here is a Head-Fi member doing measurements and if remember there another member that has benched it alot.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ifi-micro-idsd-black-label-in-depth-review.833933/

I hope that helps. I will keep mine for the Tidal MQA and hopefully when I get DX7 and Massdrop x THX AAA 789 I will use the Dx7 balanced out into the THX for my solid state headphone setup.

I might be less pleased after AMIR puts through the objective process.

Gabs

Compared to the Mojo it would be perfect !

Gabs

I'm sorry but use mine just everyday. Good luck ;-)

Top Bottom