• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

iFi iPower SMPS’s better than standart SMPS?

eyes-on-you

Hi everyone,

I bought 3 of them when my old ‘golden ear’ times to use with router before reading here.

Last night, i noticed some improvement on upper frequencies when i disconnect them to swap to stock smps of router.

Also lower frequencies relaxed with stock one as my subjective impressions.

I come and check the ASR forum, there is some performance drop with the ifi power supplies here but another forums, they share good measurements with ifi.

I am very confused about ifi i power so i need your advice; replace them or not.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi everyone,

I bought 3 of them when my old ‘golden ear’ times to use with router before reading here.

Last night, i noticed some improvement on upper frequencies when i disconnect them to swap to stock smps of router.

Also lower frequencies relaxed with stock one as my subjective impressions.

I come and check the ASR forum, there is some performance drop with the ifi power supplies here but another forums, they share good measurements with ifi.

I am very confused about ifi i power so i need your advice; replace them or not.
I'd be intrigued to know how the power supply to your router has any impact on what comes out of your speakers, regardless of how good or bad that power supply is.

OP
eyes-on-you

eyes-on-you

I'd be intrigued to know how the power supply to your router has any impact on what comes out of your speakers, regardless of how good or bad that power supply is.

Hello there,

I would like to share the measurements if I have the opportunity, but I have no other than subjective comments.

Maybe it has something to do with the leakage current, I don't know.

I wouldn't ask here if I already had an answer

Ariamella

It won't have any more of an effect than a typical phone charger will, that's for sure

Top Bottom