• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IFI Go Blu,

Oldasdrt

Kinda pricey,
Nice looking,
Guess we’ll see when this gets reviewed here,

tusing

I just don't see the value proposition over the Qudelix 5K, especially when iFi has a history of iffy Bluetooth implementations.

Multiple people including myself have reported a high-pitched whine with the xCAN in Bluetooth mode. It's very audible with the DCA Stealth. This simply doesn't inspire confidence in iFi's Bluetooth stack, not when the Q5K's creator has already hit it out of the park again (and before with the ES100.)

OP
Oldasdrt

Oldasdrt

I just don't see the value proposition over the Qudelix 5K, especially when iFi has a history of iffy Bluetooth implementations.

Multiple people including myself have reported a high-pitched whine with the xCAN in Bluetooth mode. It's very audible with the DCA Stealth. This simply doesn't inspire confidence in iFi's Bluetooth stack, not when the Q5K's creator has already hit it out of the park again (and before with the ES100.)
Yep, isn't IFI made in Ireland?

Cylphio

The distortion it produces is horrific. I had it two times. The jack on both the unit i had was tilted, the wheel is not precise, the battery rattle, the plastic is cheap, the range of bt isn't even mediocre, a sweep 5-200 hz on easy to drive headphones like the srh440, on a reasonable volume was pure noise, while on my macbook was ok @ the same level. The cable is usba, very cheap, no clip included, a more than 6 volt charger can destroy the battery, the cover included covers the buttons.. this product is a joke

Top Bottom