• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ifi blue and volume level differences.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey all,
Lately something has been bugging me and I can't find a suitable reason or answer for the dilemma. I use ifi Zen Blue as a streamer dac connected to my Denon amp to play music over Bluetooth via an iPhone or an Amazon fire HD 10. I stream Amazon HD or Spotify through the Fire HD which uses LDAC on the Zen Blue and AAC if played via iPhone. This is where I have noticed that the volume even when maxed out on the fire HD and iPhone differs significantly. On the amp I have to turn the volume past 9 o'clock compared to around 7 for the iPhone which is plenty loud. Is it possible that there is a limit for the codec or a clipping limit on the fire HD that limits the volume of signal. The Zen Blue is connected man via toslink to the amp.

Setup:
Denon pma600ne amp
Zen blue BT dad
RTR floor standing speakers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom