• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

If you think audio is expensive.....

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The price of audio gear always generates interest, for a bit of (harmless or pointless) fun I offer a few pictures I took a couple of weeks ago in Tokyo, I'll let y'all do the currency conversion. Yes friends, buying RME DACs and planar magnetic headphones is for the poverty stricken compared to buying melons, tuna or beef in Japan:eek::p

Attachments

• Melon.jpg
    Melon.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 208
  • Beef.jpg
    Beef.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 197

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
The price of audio gear always generates interest, for a bit of (harmless or pointless) fun I offer a few pictures I took a couple of weeks ago in Tokyo, I'll let y'all do the currency conversion. Yes friends, buying RME DACs and planar magnetic headphones is for the poverty stricken compared to buying melons, tuna or beef in Japan:eek::p
I thought you were going to mention Richard Mille watches. ;)

Ceburaska

Forum Donor
OP
J

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You haven't enjoyed good beef until you have enjoyed good beef sukiyaki and beef sushi, not cheap (actually it is frighteningly expensive) but truly heavenly. On the trip to Japan a couple of weeks ago one of our members who is retiring took me and my colleague to dinner as a thankyou to a beef restaurant overlooking the imperial palace and the food and service was the best I have ever experienced by a significant margin, divine. I'm glad I wasn't paying though.....

Top Bottom