• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

If you recommend 3,500 dollars avp, what would you do?

smile nya

If you recommend 3,500 dollars avp, what would you do? avr usually records a low sinad of the amplifier. Even for denon 8500h, which received good reviews, the sinad of the amplifier is less than 90. So how about using avp over 90 for less than $3,500 to configure 7.1.4 and using a separate amplifier? Or is it a waste to use $3,500 avr as avp?

Vincentponcet

Forum Donor
If you recommend 3,500 dollars avp, what would you do? avr usually records a low sinad of the amplifier. Even for denon 8500h, which received good reviews, the sinad of the amplifier is less than 90. So how about using avp over 90 for less than $3,500 to configure 7.1.4 and using a separate amplifier? Or is it a waste to use $3,500 avr as avp?
3700h + external amp like 3ch purifi.
More than 3700h are useful only if you need more than 7.2.4

SynthesisCinema

avr usually records a low sinad of the amplifier. Even for denon 8500h, which received good reviews, the sinad of the amplifier is less than 90.

85db sinad not acceptable? :D Gene Della Sala said; 70dB SINAD is still .03% THD+N which is below the audible threshold for most mere mortals.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The speakers are? For me it'd depend somewhat on amp needs and what external amps are utilized. As a pre-pro doesn't really matter what the on-board amps do.

OP
S

smile nya

85db sinad not acceptable? :D Gene Della Sala said; 70dB SINAD is still .03% THD+N which is below the audible threshold for most mere mortals.

you're right. My question was a bit short.
I considered the case where the dac sinad of one avr is 90db or more and the sinad of the power amp is 65db.
The sinad of the dac is high, but the amp is low. I don't know if this makes sense. I understand that sinad 70db or more is difficult to hear, but in this case, I wondered if it would be better to use the avr as a processor and attach an additional amplifier.

OP
S

smile nya

3700h + external amp like 3ch purifi.
More than 3700h are useful only if you need more than 7.2.4

I want a purify amp. Although it needs a little more money :)

The price difference might be too great to use avp for 7.1.4.

OP
S

smile nya

The speakers are? For me it'd depend somewhat on amp needs and what external amps are utilized. As a pre-pro doesn't really matter what the on-board amps do.

The speaker was a question I hadn't had in mind yet. Perhaps the front will be a tall boy and the rest will be a bookshelf.
In fact, this question was asked because I was curious about how much money this avr would suit when the avr's amp sinad is about 65db and the dac sinad is 90db.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Amir is an immortal, it seems; because he has been able to locate sound aberrations at those SINAD levels...

Vincentponcet

Forum Donor
I want a purify amp. Although it needs a little more money :)

The price difference might be too great to use avp for 7.1.4.

I said purifi only for LCR, the internal amps without the LCR will have plenty of headroom.

Top Bottom