• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

If you are feeling election anxiety today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Remember that regardless of your political party, you are an objectivist. Good objectivist researchers don't speculate about results until all the data is in.

So go for a walk, have a beer, listen to some music, and especially avoid all of the media analysts throwing out their ideas. Do something else until the data collection and tabulation is finished.

It's sunny and warm 70° here in Michigan, which is very uncommon this time of year. Got a meeting in a few minutes, and then I hope to get outside for an hour.

Please don't express any partisan political views or concerns in response to this post. What are you doing today to avoid all of that?

Last edited:

MuseIcal

I don't have anxiety. I'm a carrier for sure. :D

Forced myself to shut the TV off, then made a phone call to someone in @raistlin65s area to check on a speaker sale.
Not much of a sale going at Audio Advisors, but Joe was pleasant.

Going outside to deal with some leaves, then coming in to make a Manhattan in a pint glass. o_O

Hope everyone is staying sane and safe

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
None of this changes much in my life. So I’m just enjoying the show.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Working.

(I know. Shameful.:facepalm:)

Vasr

Major Contributor
If your hi-fi set up and content interests aren't helping you cope with this and you are feeling anxious, then you are wasting money on the wrong hobby. ;)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I was going to stay up all night and watch the progress. But then decided the hell with it and went to sleep. Good deal as this morning the story continues. Been taking time off 1 or 2 hours at a time to do other things but overall, I am stuck to the news.....

Sukie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Music. Music. Music. Did I mention music? I'm in the UK but keenly watching things unfold. Completely agree that all data must be gathered in.

Until then I'm all about the music and the beer. Oh, and my wife and kids. Oh, and how the hell we cope with a new lockdown starting in 9 minutes.

OP
raistlin65

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Turned on the cable news for 15 minutes. Started to get sucked into all the minute analysis.

Turned it off before it got its grips into me too much. Time to watch a movie.

Vasr

Major Contributor
It would be lot more healthier for this neurotic nation that thrives on and is addicted to drama if they just did it like the Vatican...

Wait until the next President is decided and send smoke out of the White House roof and have the elected candidate appear on the West Wing Balcony.

Vasr

Major Contributor
The rest of the world watches completely agog and bemused.

Excluding some of your politicians who seem more upset than bemused based on their tweets about the integrity of US elections. :)

Y'all should be looking at the US and saying "there but for the grace of ...."

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Excluding some of your politicians who seem more upset than bemused based on their tweets about the integrity of US elections. :)

Y'all should be looking at the US and saying "there but for the grace of ...."
I haven't seen what Oz polys have said so can't comment

Its interesting what appears to be profoundly different attitudes there are towards polys in the UK and Oz compared to the US, ie profound cynicism and distrust. You would never get people going to rallys etc here.

I could say a lot but political discussions only get messy, so I wont ;) but the events are quite fascinating.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I agree on waiting for results. The news has a job to whip up something sensational. But all the voting has been done, and everyone has to wait upon the final tabulation. The rest is just annoying people for nothing. Despite all sorts of outlandish ( imo ) ideas about what might happen afterwards the vote is done, there will be some wrangling over recounts and close results. In the next few weeks rules will be followed and we'll have confirmation of who is president for the next 4 years. The system will work and isn't broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom