• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

If Posting Measurements/Reviews...

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Please pm me with a link so that I can include it in the master review thread and elsewhere in the comparison charts (once some level of standardization is established) as was recently discussed.

Apart from @amirm, here's a list of members (that I know of) who have submitted reviews/teardowns/measurements/tests:
I usually add only full reviews and measurements with some level of detail. In-depth impressions are fine too, as long as they are from an informed perspective. See a few examples here:

SEKLEM

I wasn't sure if my write ups warranted front page material since they almost entirely subjective with the exception of features mentioned. I'll definitely bookmark this thread and check your list from time to time.

audio_tony

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm working on trying to achieve a more standardised approach but I can't perform many of the measurements that Amirm does.

EDIT: I have a few more vintage amps to test;

Rotel RB06
Harman Kardon HK870
NAD 2200 (if my dummy load can take it!)
Fisher CA860
Tensai 2200

Last edited:

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Please pm me with a link so that I can include it in the master review thread and elsewhere in the comparison charts (once some level of standardization is established) as was recently discussed.

Apart from @amirm, here's a list of members (that I know of) who have submitted reviews/teardowns/measurements/tests:
I usually add only full reviews and measurements with some level of detail. In-depth impressions are fine too, as long as they are from an informed perspective. See a few examples here:
About teardown, don't forget Maty

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
I wasn't sure if my write ups warranted front page material since they almost entirely subjective with the exception of features mentioned.
I thought it was a good look at the unit and I appreciated the pics of the internals.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Remind me of any measures you want if I haven't listed them here. I'm amending some reviews to add the standard info if it wasn't there already.

Marantz 7701 AV pre/pro
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/marantz-avr-7701-dac-measurements.3485/
SINAD is 91 db
Dynamic range 100 db
Linearity 20 bits worth. (note my test of low level linearity is performed differently than Amir's).

Focusrite Forte recording interface.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-of-focusrite-forte-recording-interface.3100/
SINAD is 102 db.
Dynamic Range is 114 db.
Linearity is to the 20th bit (I didn't check lower than this).

Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 recording interface.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/focusrite-18i20-dac-measurements.2128/
SINAD is 97 db.
Dynamic Range is 106 db.
Didn't check linearity.

Emotiva UMC200 pre/pro
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...d-measurement-of-emotiva-umc200-pre-pro.3504/
Jeckyll and Hyde.

HDMI input:
SINAD is 79 db.
Dynamic Range is 99 db.
18 bits of good linearity.

over Coax or Toslink:
SINAD of 66 db.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am still learning how to use APX. I will try to follow the same protocols Amir does.
@WolfX-700, I just saw your last measurements recently!
Nice to see an alternative offering and get a little idea about some gears measured.

Even more interesting is to measure the ones done by @amirm and see if there is correlation.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I am still learning how to use APX. I will try to follow the same protocols Amir does.
Thanks! Very nice to have someone with an AP555 in China measuring with the same ASR standards.
Now only if we had someone in Europe with an AP555 too, would be great to cover the largest markets.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
EDIT: I have a few more vintage amps to test;

Rotel RB06
Harman Kardon HK870
NAD 2200 (if my dummy load can take it!)
Fisher CA860
Tensai 2200

2 NAD 2200 here, but no dummy load :(

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks! Very nice to have someone with an AP555 in China measuring with the same ASR standards.
Now only if we had someone in Europe with an AP555 too, would be great to cover the largest markets.
That's nice indeed.

I still think though that 90% of measurement filtering can be done with cheaper equipment.
Then the AP555 may be use to separate the very good from the excellent, or to confirm (or ibfurm) results.

I'm now able to automate tests.
When time allows, I'll work on standardizing more the output drawings, more in line with Amir's recommendations.

Top Bottom