• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

If costs wouldn`t matter , what would you buy ?

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Silent Yachts 80 3-deck:
Silent-80-3-deck-closed-version.jpg

;)

OP
Kling75

Kling75

Forum Donor
@restorer-john

Unfortunately, no. With my first income (17y) i bought a L-550 second hand. After 3 Years i got a offer from a collector- i regret the sale to this day.

As good the L-550 sounded, the L81/82 are one of best looking Hifi-gear ever made. As you can see in my initial Post in this Thread, there is a Luxman "waiting for me". After several changes, i like the Idea having a integrated Amp , no digital features with a built quality (an Sound) which last for the next 20 year....:)

Speeddeacon

If cost was no object then of course I would dream big. It would be pretty easy as I know what I'd do for the home theater. For 2 channel, which would be in a separate dedicated room, I'd take the time to audition a bunch of speakers first, then build the room and rest of the system around them. On my short list would be Legacy Valor, Magnepan 30.7i, Wisdom Audio LS4, Evolution Audio MM7, Focal Grande Utopia EM Evos. I'd likely have a pair of subs for the occasional organ or synth tracks. For amps, again it would depend on my speaker selection of course, but I'd certainly give Lamm or VTLs an audition, perhaps the hybrid Tenors or upcoming PS Audio Sig. 600 and of course Burmester and D'Agostigno designs for a solid state option. There could be others. Synergy with the speakers is paramount.

For HT, I'd have a base layer of 9 JTR Noesis 215RTs with Captivator LF6000s to plunge to infrasonic depths and smooth the room modes and seat to seat response as needed. To keep it in the family, I'd use JTR 110s for the height and overhead channels in the Auro3D specified locations as well as Atmos where different, then configure the Pre/Pro to use the appropriate speakers. I'd use the Trinnov or Storm processor and power them all with PS Audio M1200/Cherry Megachino/Legacy i-V1 for the 215s and matching multi-channel amps for the surrounds. These Class D amps will work great for this application.

But, since cost is very much an object in view, I'll just keep my much more modest, but just as enjoyable system ;)

Top Bottom