• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IEM cable without stiffened ear hooks?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Can anyone suggest an aftermarket IEM cable make/ model that doesnt have the reinforced "bend" after the earpiece connection?

I want to wear some IEM upside down (dont ask) but the ear hooks of course dont help when one wants the cables to point downwards.

Ideally 2.5mm and MMCX but Im sure most makes will have termination options. Im in the UK.

Thanks in advance.

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can anyone suggest an aftermarket IEM cable make/ model that doesnt have the reinforced "bend" after the earpiece connection?

I want to wear some IEM upside down (dont ask) but the ear hooks of course dont help when one wants the cables to point downwards.

Ideally 2.5mm and MMCX but Im sure most makes will have termination options. Im in the UK.

Thanks in advance.

You can buy a replacement Etymotic IEM cable since they don't come with ear hooks.

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Most sellers on Ali Express remove the stiffing plastic if you ask them.

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Most sellers on Ali Express remove the stiffing plastic if you ask them.
Thats very useful to know! I'll see how the £20 Yinyoo from Amazon UK are first when they arrive.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thats very useful to know! I'll see how the £20 Yinyoo from Amazon UK are first when they arrive.
I own 2 cables from Yinyoo and they are fine.

RJO

Can you not carefully remove the plastic sleeve yourself? I checked my FD7 and it looks doable.

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you not carefully remove the plastic sleeve yourself? I checked my FD7 and it looks doable.
That would always end badly with me.

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh o

Oh ok, just wanted you to save money because they're stock cable is already pretty good.
I'll suffer the £20 for a replacement and saving the misery of me ruining a perfectly good one as well. I considered removing the stiffener but I would almost certainly knick the main cable

Reactions: RJO
OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh ok, just wanted you to save money because they're stock cable is already pretty good.
But thanks for the tip
You're braver than me!

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I got this one - reasonable price, decent cable, decent connectors. Works a treat.

Top Bottom