• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IEM’s what’s the difference between these and Earbuds like Klipsch X6i level?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
I’m completely new to the term IEM’s as a category. I have several in ear sets, RBH, Klipsch and Sennheiser Momentum’s. I always use with Isolation tips for improved bass and environmental noise abatement. Are IEM’s just a higher level of the same things? I have seen very little conversation about IEM’s in here, is there a reason for that ?

Thank you in advance for any and all input, advice, opinions.

deprogrammed

IEM and in ear headphone are completely interchangeable. No difference. A company could make the same model and call one an IEM and the other an in ear headphone depending on the audience.

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
So, your saying it’s a Marketing Term, for the purpose of attracting the attention of a certain portion of the market. No more to this then. I suspected as much, but wanted to ask. I was hoping for more engagement here, but no traction on this post?

deprogrammed

Yep. Just like bookshelf speaker or stand mount speaker. 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other.

Not sure about traction.

Top Bottom