• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IDAGIO vs Primephonic, Anyone have experience with either? Opinions please!

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The last time I subscribed to a classical music streaming service, it was Classical Archives. I thought I'd try the two month trial of IDAGIO and signed up moments ago. Primephonic will give one a 14 day free trial. I'll sign up for that after I'm done streaming my currently selected album on IDAGIO.

Does anyone have experience with these services? Anyone with a preference?

Here are some links: IDAGIO & Primephonic .

OP
VMAT4

VMAT4

Forum Donor
To answer my own question, Primephonic appears to best suit my needs and is the less expensive of the two options.

OP
VMAT4

VMAT4

Forum Donor
They bill in US Dollars not Euros.

MRC01

Major Contributor
I've been using both on free trial. Observations so far:
Sound quality of both is very good: both support lossless which is a transparent version of the source you're listening to, without any additional processing. Both support lossy compression for example if you want to save mobile data.
I find that Primephonic's catalog has better coverage of early music (say, before 1600). Idagio has better coverage of classical-romantic (say, after 1700).
Primephonic has very responsive support and is a newer service, less established than Idagio.
Idagio's Android app seems to be more stable -- though both apps work well enough.
I will definitely subscribe to one or the other, but haven't yet decided which.

Top Bottom