• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

iBasso DX300 + what closed back headphones??

EleanorWyatt

I decided to treat myself to a new DAC/AMP and headphones to use with my phone to replace my current Sennheiser momentums. This eventually changed into a DAP and I think the DX300 is about the most I would be willing to spend. The problem is what headphones to get. The more I read, the more confused I get, especially as the price keeps escalating and also the shops locally only have a limited range. The reviews and feedback on this forum are great, but due to my lack of experience I do find it hard to translate the reviews in to terms I understand.

I am hoping that with some guidance I can pick a pair that are worth the gamble to buy, and if it turns out disastrously I will either return or sell on.

I listen to a fairly wide range of music but mainly electronic (daft punk etc). Generally from spotify but then some local files and I may give Tidal a go. I mainly listen at night either in bed or whilst my wife is watching TV (hence need closed back headphones). I enjoy hearing the clarity and detail of music but then also like a fair amount of bass.

My current short list is:
Beyerdynamic T5
Audeze LCD2 - Closed Back
Dan Clark Aeon 2 Noire

When I factor in a balanced cable for the Aeon and LCD2, that does push the price higher than I budgeted.

I am basically now totally confused and so any suggestions would be great!

dmac6419

Major Contributor
It works with the dan clarks,the sound won't be ear piercing, also works with the Amiron homes,excellent dap if you ask me,you probably get the new amp module as they don't have parts for the original module,I have the original module.

OP
E

EleanorWyatt

I decided to treat myself to a new DAC/AMP and headphones to use with my phone to replace my current Sennheiser momentums. This eventually changed into a DAP and I think the DX300 is about the most I would be willing to spend. The problem is what headphones to get. The more I read, the more confused I get, especially as the price keeps escalating and also the shops locally only have a limited range. The reviews and feedback on this forum are great, but due to my lack of experience I do find it hard to translate the reviews in to terms I understand.omegle xender

I am hoping that with some guidance I can pick a pair that are worth the gamble to buy, and if it turns out disastrously I will either return or sell on.

I listen to a fairly wide range of music but mainly electronic (daft punk etc). Generally from spotify but then some local files and I may give Tidal a go. I mainly listen at night either in bed or whilst my wife is watching TV (hence need closed back headphones). I enjoy hearing the clarity and detail of music but then also like a fair amount of bass.

My current short list is:
Beyerdynamic T5
Audeze LCD2 - Closed Back
Dan Clark Aeon 2 Noire

When I factor in a balanced cable for the Aeon and LCD2, that does push the price higher than I budgeted.

I am basically now totally confused and so any suggestions would be great!
thank you my issue has been solved

Top Bottom