• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I2S to USB interface ?

Dirk_67

(I'm not sure if this is in the right forum section here -> please move if necessary (cause it's somehow DIY related ?))

We all know this (mostly XMOS based) USB to I2S interfaces, where you can connect your DAC of choice (or your self-built DAC)

but for ADC use, I am looking for an I2S to USB interface (so the opposite way around),

And as I would like to try to use the ADC not only for 'music conversion',
but perhaps also as a simple (hobby) measuring device for audio measurements,
I am looking for a device with the highest possible sampling frequency and bit resolution (e.g. 32bit/384kHz or even 32bit/768kHz)

the only device I found so far is this one:

do you know other / better devices ?

----------------

The ADC I am using is this one (AK5572-based):
more measurements and data here:

Last edited:

Sonic-Wall

I‘m looking exactly for the same interface to connect my CD transport via I2S to my USB DAC without downsampling the PCM or DSD signal.
Unfortunately all DDCs only provide an USB-input but not an I2S input.
Such device could be also equipped with a small DIP switch that allows to change the pin configuration of the HDMI connector to solve I2S incompatibility problem between audio sources and DACs of different vendors.
This device (interface) could be also used as a very flexible format converter to other audio formats like AES, SPDIF, USB and I2S.

Thanks for your feedback!

rizulhak

Hi. I am looking for an I2S to USB convertor to send my SACD/ DSD64 native/ DSD 128 native audio signals to my laptop. While searching, I observed this forum and the posts seem related. Any luck with finding one?

Thanks.

Top Bottom