• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I would really like some speaker recommendations please :-)

Neutronman

So, recently I upgraded my sound system that was connected to my pc via usb from Sennheiser Momentums (original version) and Meze Neo 99 with AKM Fiio K5 Pro to a set of Hifiman HE400SE's and a new Topping DX3 Pro+. The headphones have all been EQ'd with Parametric via Peace and Equalizer using some of the recommended parameters inc Amir's. The biggest difference in sound for me was the hifiman 400SE. These have just blown me away. Just before buying these I actually tried some AKM's 271 and 371 and hated both.

The combination of DX3Pro+ and 400SE is amazing.

I love this website, the analysis of products appeals to the number guy in me.

I've not had any speakers connected to my pc for the last few years and prior to this I had a soundblaster connected to some cheap 2.0 pc speakers.

I don't have a huge budget for speakers, but I would like something that can be easily connected to the DX3Pro+ via RCA (I assume). I have a budget of $150 (for the pair) and need something smallish to fit on my desk (stereo 2.0 only).

Currently I listen to Flac's via MusicBee (WASAPI exclusive), Amazon Music and Spotify (via desktop app). I have an eclectic taste in music, Classical and Opera to Radiohead and QueensRyche. If you have an interest, here is my headphone listening track list :) https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2DFcoazw7IcSr2Ef87JqdZ?si=477db362ed764d38

Appreciate you guys and thanks in advance for speaker recommendations.

Cheers.

Greg

OP
N

Neutronman

I was wondering if you guys had any thoughts on

PreSonus Eris E3.5-3.5" Near Field Studio Monitor (Pair) $99 Amazon currently or​

Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers - 2.0 $119.....​

OP
N

Neutronman

Well, my budget kinda sucks ass and I need powered speakers and have a size problem, so I have some contenders including Dayton Audio MK402BTX, Edifier 1280T and Micca PB42X. These will be connected to my PC via Topping DX Pro+.

Any of these active speakers worth buying???

OP
N

Neutronman

Size problem, lol..... Desk space is a more appropriate term....

Top Bottom