• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I wonder... how and when people use their DAP or portable Dac/Amp.......

Jmudrick

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Nah. I keep expecting this phone bubble to crash, but it just keeps going.

So much hassle to switch too. Especially now that removing features is so popular. Find one that still has a headphone jack, is easy to root, try out a bunch of ROMs, customize everything, etc, etc. I seriously had to hack the god damned camera app to get rid of the fake shutter sound so I could take pictures of my pet bird without startling her. I'm assuming you can't turn it off due to a misguided attempt to prevent upskirting or something. FFS Samsung...

Now that I've beat the software into submission my S5 still works just fine.

Better camera is the only thing would I actually use.

My phone mostly just makes calls or looks up prices comparisons or coupons when I'm shopping B&M.

If you want a modern phone the LGV50 has great DAC, micro SD storage, headphone jack, good camera. $300 for a refurb. If you want rootable well my V30+ is still good enough. About $120.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm assuming you can't turn it off due to a misguided attempt to prevent upskirting or something. FFS Samsung...

My understanding is that the shutter sound is a legal requirement in many countries including Korea, Japan, India and the US. These laws don't just apply to Samsung phones.

OP
W

wsdc

Thanks all for your inputs, guess I'll stick to phone + dongle combo. After all I noticed that I actually listens more to radio so make sense to use phone +dongle.

Top Bottom