• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I want to buy my first streamer but I have a couple of questions.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
????
Perhaps I was confused, but I thought this thread was about buying a streamer.
OP was putting value in the reviewers subjective comments on audio performance.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP was putting value in the reviewers subjective comments on audio performance.
I get your angle now. Yes, factual info on streamer sonic performance is far superior to subjective anecdotes.

Subjective usability info, in my opinion, is of even greater value than performance data. That's because the audible performance of most streamers is so similar, even if the measurements are dissimilar. People seem to love or hate their streamers more based on the UX than the SINAD.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
I get your angle now. Yes, factual info on streamer sonic performance is far superior to subjective anecdotes.

Subjective usability info, in my opinion, is of even greater value than performance data. That's because the audible performance of most streamers is so similar, even if the measurements are dissimilar. People seem to love or hate their streamers more based on the UX than the SINAD.
I agree, that's also what I still read reviews for if I want to buy something. Don't really care about what they say about audio performance, apart from maybe they are hearing noise when using headphones or whatever, but at least they can give some information about the UX.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If their all the same then this guy wouldn't be able to tell them apart
My guess is if he didn't use his eyes, he wouldn't, and that sort of confusing nonsense isn't uncommon at all.

Top Bottom