• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I want to Buy a Pair of Speakers, Help.

YSC

Major Contributor
Ks digital is not a very well-known company. but it sounds great because I listened to it. Actually, I really want KS Digital, but I'm also undecided about pmc. In fact, iloud ik multimedia needs to listen to the mtm it has just released, and we need to look at its measurements. this is a really difficult decision. I have made a solid investment and I never want to change it again.
from limited google the KS looks pretty flat and the driver arrangement looks similar to KH310, so likely won't be too far off but IMO, what can improve more in your room is something to tackle the room modes below 200-400hz, did you do some EQ on your owned speakers now?

OP
M

moh33

from limited google the KS looks pretty flat and the driver arrangement looks similar to KH310, so likely won't be too far off but IMO, what can improve more in your room is something to tackle the room modes below 200-400hz, did you do some EQ on your owned speakers now?
Yes

Recluse-Animator

Reflector Audio Square Two:
Aufmacher-Reflector.jpg

They don't go low so a couple of subs would be recommended.

Measurements:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...coaxial-horn-monitor-with-4x-5-woofers.29072/

Unity Audio The Boulder MK-III:
unity-audio-boulder-mk3-kmr3.jpg

Martin Audio CDD-LIVE 15:
cdd-live-15-front.jpg

Needs subs.

Kef LS60:
KEF_LS60_Wireless_Grey_ml.png

Subs not mandatory.

Kef LS50:
LS50_Wireless_II_Carbon_Black_Pair_front_ml.jpg

Needs subs.

Passive JTR 215RT Floorstander or 215RM Monitor ( As center in picture ):
3349686-1adfc428-jtr-noesis-215-towers-and-center.jpg

Subs not mandatory.

Matthias McCready

Reflector Audio Square Two:
Aufmacher-Reflector.jpg

They don't go low so a couple of subs would be recommended.

Measurements:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...coaxial-horn-monitor-with-4x-5-woofers.29072/

Unity Audio The Boulder MK-III:
unity-audio-boulder-mk3-kmr3.jpg

Martin Audio CDD-LIVE 15:
cdd-live-15-front.jpg

Needs subs.

Kef LS60:
KEF_LS60_Wireless_Grey_ml.png

Subs not mandatory.

Kef LS50:
LS50_Wireless_II_Carbon_Black_Pair_front_ml.jpg

Needs subs.

Passive JTR 215RT Floorstander or 215RM Monitor ( As center in picture ):
3349686-1adfc428-jtr-noesis-215-towers-and-center.jpg

Subs not mandatory.

You realize the OP was asking about monitors for mixing?

The Martin CDD is a great sounding PA speaker for the price... but it would certainly not be on my short list to mix a record on!

Recluse-Animator

You realize the OP was asking about monitors for mixing?

The Martin CDD is a great sounding PA speaker for the price... but it would certainly not be on my short list to mix a record on!
Nothing wrong with broadening your horizons.

People mix on worse speakers like KRK.

Matthias McCready

I am familiar and have mixed on Martin CDD. Again, just not my first choice for something other than live-sound reinforcement, especially for the price.

Last edited:

Rusty

Any reason you don't have the JBL 708 monitors on your list? They seem appropriate and have a good review here.

Stephan

1-) KS Digital C88 (£1,099) Single price
2-) KS Digital A200 (£2,059) Single price
Both good, but hiss was an issue for me last time I checked.
4-) Adam audio s3x-h (3.389 €) Single price
Why would you go for a S3X that isn't even available anymore? Go for the S3V or S3H, they're both excellent speakers and certainly in line with Genelec and Neumann.
5-) Focal Twin 6 BE (£1,750) Single price
Push for the Trio. If you're looking for a ridiculously large soundstage I'd even pick them over Genelec and Neumann, but that's probably more interesting for multichannel systems.

If you're sitting close then coax has advantages, you can get the KSD and Genelec 8341 in your price range.

WillBrink

Sigberg Audio SBS.1:
SBS.1-black3_900x.png

sbs.1-onaxis-Klippel-revised_900x.png

sbs.1-listeningaxis-Klippel-revised_900x.png

Definitely needs subs.
Sigberg is clear they don't just need subs, subs are absolutely required. It's not a full range speaker and intentionally not intended to be full range. So, cost of their sub, or another brand must be factored in with the SBS.1 speakers.

Top Bottom